Author Topic: What are your experance with Musicians Friend  (Read 7320 times)

mrkim

What are your experance with Musicians Friend
« on: February 22, 2018, 08:19:07 AM »
What are your experance with Musicians Friend are they good to deal with thanks

Offline DrakeM

Re: What are your experance with Musicians Friend
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »
They have been around since at least the 80's and they used to put out a free magazine back then.

I purchased a ZOOM 2020 (Multi Effects Guitar Processor) from them back when I played lead guitar. 

Regards
Drake

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:58 AM »
I just googled Musicans Friends and found they started the business in 1983.
Musician's Friend was purchased for $50 million by Guitar Center in 1999 and is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary. Craig Johnson is CEO.

mrkim

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:19:02 AM »
Thanks the reason i ask they seem to have a lot of bad reviews

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:25:38 AM »
I'm not sure whether I've ever ordered anything from them, but if so, I didn't have any problems with my order(s). I'm signed up for their emails, so I get emails from them every day, sometimes multiple times a day. They have a "Stupid Deal of the Day" where they offer a big discount on some item-- usually a pair of headphones, a guitar, or something guitar-related-- and on holidays they have a "Stupid Deal of the Hour."

edtek

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:06 AM »
I have dealt with MF for 14 years.  I have bought Yamaha PSR3000, PSR710, PSR910, P255, PSR670, Roland FP80, Martin SPJC16RE and many many smaller items (stands ,mikes, cables etc).  I currently have a Genos on order with them.

I have never had a problem with MF, always quick friendly service.  I've returned only one item, the Roland FP80 (which I hated), and they were quick with the refund and shipping help.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:22:15 AM »
Never had a problem with any item I ordered from them, and they were very prompt when I need questions answered.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

gerarde

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 09:48:40 AM »
I have bought many items from Musicians Friend through the years and had great service and return policy.
Then I found Frank at AudioworksCT and got better prices.
I have bought both my PSR S970(which I have sold), and my wonderful new Genos, at a decent price.

Gerard

edtek

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 03:09:08 AM »
I called audioworksCT and Frank does have a very good price.  But he has none due 'til May!  I think Yammie underestimated the demand for the Genos.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
I second Audioworks and Frank...great service.

That said, I’ve spent a lot of  $$$ with Sweetwater...wonderful service and great prices (if you ask)
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline pjd

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »
Hi --

I've gotten good service from Musician's Friend. They are convenient for ordering accessories where price isn't too critical. I got good deals on two open box items which were in excellent condition. Call to get a better price -- don't just add to the cart on-line.

That said, I will always turn to Frank at Audioworks for big ticket items. I've purchased both S950 and Genos from Audioworks. I strongly recommend speaking with Frank directly. Audioworks sells a lot of arrangers for good reason!

All the best -- pj