Author Topic: Genos Drums & Voices Expansion for S970  (Read 4142 times)

Re: Genos Drums & Voices Expansion for S970
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:26:18 AM »
Amazing! Really sad that the PSR S970 doesn't have a gospel choir and gospel voices like the T4,T5 and Genos. Also it doesn't have scat voices, so this pack will be very cool for the people who doesn't have money to buy a genos.

arvacon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:06:47 AM »
At the comments they say that a team of programmers created a custom firmware for s970.
Where is this team come from? Are they members of this forum?
Where can we find more info about this?
I wish they wil make a version for the s770 too..

Offline mheuzeroth

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »
When something is too good to be true, then its not true.

I dont think Yamaha will allow users to simply upgrade the psr-S970 too almost genos sound just by software...

And because of the very vague description in the video and link too the official 1.06 firmware i just say:                                Fake!

What could possibly be made is a new ppf file with sounds from genos, but no firmware update.

Just my thoughts

computec1349

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 04:43:30 AM »
When something is too good to be true, then its not true.

I dont think Yamaha will allow users to simply upgrade the psr-S970 too almost genos sound just by software...

And because of the very vague description in the video and link too the official 1.06 firmware i just say:                                Fake!

What could possibly be made is a new ppf file with sounds from genos, but no firmware update.

Just my thoughts

Hello everyone, yesterday I met the Keyboardtips team. They are really working on a kind of firmware and expansion pack. It's incredible they managed to place the revo technology! in the PSR-S970, they are also working to place it in the Tyros series. We should support this type of project, instead of demeaning the work of these people.

computec1349

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:44:32 AM »
Hello everyone, yesterday I met the Keyboardtips team. They are really working on a kind of firmware and expansion pack. It's incredible they managed to place the revo technology! in the PSR-S970, they are also working to place it in the Tyros series. We should support this type of project, instead of demeaning the work of these people.

arvacon

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:06:05 AM »
That's fine, we need these kind of actions for sure and personally I would support something like this.
If they can offer us something better for our keyboards, they are welcome.

Can you tell us some more info about them?
Do they have any website that we can see their progress?
Are you friends? If you know them well, tell them to do something for the poor s770 users too!