The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Hello Everyone!

Poor poly-instrumentalist fancies a whole orchestra backs him

(1/4) > >>

Dr.Riton:
What money can buy... I'm almost famous now! A whole orchestra finally recognized my talent and is willingly supporting my unconventional improvisations, unstopably beating through novel harmonic progressions, and tirelessly helping deliver to the world an entirely new brand of subtly disparaging contra-rythmic explorations.
Their name ? The PSRs770.
At the grim prospect of being slightly outnumbered by a younger, hardly-fancier ensemble, they accepted a reasonable cachet to accompany me along what I'm sure will be years of worldwide entertainment.
I could somewhat play, although poorly, some violin, and some piano. I did take a year of trumpet, too, and loved it, especially with accompaniment tools like irealpro, but it's a bit too physically challenging; it's all about producing a nice sound. Other instruments I cannot play include trombone, guitar, clarinet. I enjoy some synth (waldorf blofeld) together with expressive keyboards, sequencers, although see it as a lonely musical pleasure.

After minutes playing with the PSRs770, randomly selecting a big-band rythm and picking some sax ensemble and trumpet, I couldn't help it : I was Quincy Jones conducting a shiny brass ensemble with Miles Davis reaching for new feelings in old tunes at Montreux... Of course that needed a bit of work and rehearsal after rehearsal the rythm was becoming better, the harmonic progressions landing somewhere, and the music I happen to love emerges, magically, and with tears in my eyes. For hours.

The public may not be ready for that kind of entertainment. Only your mother loves you that much, and will support your most repetitive experiments. Yet I must confess a prejudice: arranger keyboards restrict the field of possible music. What I'm discovering is that it essentially eliminates note combinations that are not music, and discovered how much creative control remains in your hands.

The PSRs770 was initially intended for my son. Why, sorry sonny! I get to be the star.

PS: many thanks to the community here for their messages about the 770, which helped trigger the purchase before it became too late. Saved me about 400€!

Toril S:
Have fun😀😀😀

Roger Brenizer:
Hi Dr.Riton,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  Thank you for your most entertaining post, also.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your new PSR-S770 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 48,000 plus song titles in over 700 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

Finally, if you would like to be included in our PSR Tutorial Member Map that will allow you to place your Pin on the map, which will disclose your location to other forum members, you’ll find information at the following link:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41022.msg321765/topicseen.html#msg321765

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here that are always very willing to help you.

panos:
Dr Riton,
that was such a cool and enjoyable post to read. :D

As for the arranger you are talking about,
tell that to those who complain about the sounds of even better keyboards.

No, we cannot have all the members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra every time we switch on our keyboard
(too many wages,who can afford to pay them all anyway:P )
but still we have so many orchestras for all kinds of music just to be controlled and directed by our left (bad) hand.
Wellcome my friend and have fun  :)

Toril S:
Yes, welcome, my friend, and it was a very enjoyable post! That was what made me buy a keyboard. All that sound out of just one instrument, a full orchestra at your fingertips! I have a sense of wonder every time I sit down at my keyboard. And as for the bad left hand, that goes for me too. i never was a good piano player, but who cares when that magnificent orchestra backs you up :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version