Author Topic: Saving mixer settings after a song has been recorded  (Read 4468 times)

Offline ugawoga

Saving mixer settings after a song has been recorded
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:21:18 AM »
hi
I have just noticed that my Mixer settings after a quick record do not get saved.
I do open the Multi record to get the tune I recorded from the list and then start play.
I go to the mixer and adjust the volumes and pan plus a little eq
I check the Song setup and all I need is checked.
After that I save song again and after a recall the settings are back to where they once were.
I have looked in the ref manual and cannot find an answer yet.
Just need a little help here.
I am probably doing something wrong again!!! ::)

All the best
john
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Saving mixer settings after a song has been recorded
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:04 AM »
Hi John,

After ticking (checking) the required items on the Setup page, you need to press/touch 'Execute' at the bottom right of the page to actually add the new Mixer settings to the song.   Then when you save the song, it will be saved with your new settings.

See the section 'Recording Panel Setups to a Song' on page 73 of the downloadable 'Genos Reference Manual' for full details.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:07:37 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:50:27 AM »
Hi Ian

I have checked the setup all boxes that i need and pressed execute.
Tried the mixer settings on different values and save the file
Come out of the sequencer and go back and put the saved song back and the settings go back to the previous settings for some reason

I check the boxes and executed and pressed closed . No luck yet .
Tried this about 10 times just putting one fader down save and put another recording in sequencer ,then go back to my saved song.
open up ,go to mixer and fader is back to100.
Must be missing something here.

All the best
john
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 03:59:11 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:29:37 AM »
Hi John,

Are you resetting the song back to the beginning before pressing Execute?  Using Song Creator most of the song parameters can only be set in the first bar of the song and will apply to the whole song.  I suspect that if the song is not at the beginning when you press Execute, the parameters won't be saved! You can reset the song by pressing/touching the song 'Stop' button.

Regards

Ian 

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:48:31 AM »
Hi Trex

I give that a go

Atb
John

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 05:07:19 AM »
Hi Ian

I have at last sussed It out.

I thought once you set the setup with the ticks in the right boxes that was set for always.
I have now found out that you have to leave ticks where they are and press execute and close everytime you save an instance of the eq and volume sliders.
So each movement you make you have to execute every time before a save. :-\

I would have thought that once the ticks are set  the save function would memorize all without having to keep executing!! :P
Just finished another song today and adjusted the volumes etc.

All the best
John :).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:09:23 AM by ugawoga »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 06:59:07 AM »
Hi John,

Think of the 'Execute' button like the shutter button on a camera.

Whenever you press it, it takes a 'snapshot' of the settings in the checked groups as they are at that time.

If you later change the settings, however slightly, you need to take another picture to capture the changes!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »
Think of the 'Execute' button like the shutter button on a camera.

Whenever you press it, it takes a 'snapshot' of the settings in the checked groups as they are at that time.

Awesome analogy!
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 05:55:05 AM »
Yes :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page