Author Topic: Changing Foot Pedal Setting  (Read 3997 times)

CmajSid

Changing Foot Pedal Setting
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:14:07 PM »
Hello One and All,

I have had my Tyros 5 seven months and like it very much. I have been trying to change my foot pedal setting from Sustain to FILL UP which is fine until I change the style or registration again. The pedal returns to Sustain are you able to change the pedal permanently to one off the other many settings or is this something you have o change every time you use it??
I apologise if this question has been answered already but I am new to the site and could not find anything specific on this question.

I am new to the Tyros 5 Keyboard and purchased it in June 2017 (New £3000 approx) and now there is the Genos which is considerably more expensive but sounds amazing. I feel slightly gutted because if i had waited just a few months I could have purchased a Genos. I must say that the money I would lose on trading the keyboard in for a Genos is very considerable. I suppose my question is should I be disappointed with the Tyros or as I am very new to these modern keyboards apart from Technological advancements is a Genos that much better? Because the Tyros 5 also sounds pretty amazing.

I thank you in advance for your responses and for reading my post. I must say I have found the site amazing and have found out so much about the keyboard.

Best wishes.

Sid.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Changing Foot Pedal Setting
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »
As you’ve found out, registrations can change the pedal settings,  so your choices are:

1. Re-memorize your registrations with your desired pedal settings.
2. Re-memorize your registrations omitting pedal settings (uncheck the Pedal box in the registration Memory Contents screen). Then they won’t change your setting.

Note that pedal settings return to the default after a power off. A common procedure is to create a setup registration with settings you want. Load this after every power on. And ensure the rest of your registrations don’t make any changes to these settings.

Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

CmajSid

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 05:55:32 PM »
Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for answering my question I will go through all my registrations and checkout your lessons.

Have a great day

Sid.

jm

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »
Hi Sid, any advice Fred gives, is good advice!
And no you shouldn’t feel any regrets with your Tyros 5 purchase! It is still
an amazing keyboard, and there are posts on here from very knowledgeable people
who can  tell you how to get an even better sound from your Tyros 5! I have no intention
of trading up to the Genos not just because of the price but mainly because I love
and am very satisfied with my keyboard. The only thing I would change is, I wish I had
purchased the 76key. Enjoy your Tyros! :)
Kind regards
jm

Cosmorot

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:21 PM »
Firstly, welcome to the club, brother. Secondly, do not be in a hurry to get upset! Gennos has no such difference to overpay. Sounds the same. It is worth a little wait for the release of Gennes 2 :).

P.s. "CmajSid" - nice nick ;)