Author Topic: YAMAHA Sff2 FORMAT STYLES  (Read 5198 times)

KetPa4

YAMAHA Sff2 FORMAT STYLES
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:00:47 AM »
Hello everyone

I have a query someone might be able to help me with
I have styleworks XT and yamaha style magic but when I import an SFF2 format style some of the chord parts play out of tune I can fix the drums as they are always playing the  wrong sounds and likewise with the baas but no joy with the chord parts it is very frustrating and I just dont know why it is happening. It never happens with any other style from any other keyboard manufacturer

Any info would be most welcome

Kind regards to all
Pat

Offline Joe H

Re: YAMAHA Sff2 FORMAT STYLES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »
Pat,

With both pieces of software, you will hear the style play in CMaj7 scale.  It does not sound the same as on the keyboard.  The keyboard will interpret this scaling so it sounds (plays) correctly when played on the keyboard.  This is one of the reasons it is so difficult to make styles from computer based software. If you load a style into a standard sequencer you will hear the same effect.  And it's probably why Yamaha does not release Style Creator software for the PC and Mac.  The code could be hacked or reverse engineered by some programmer.  It is one of Yamaha's secrets that they don't want anyone to know about.

You kind of get used to the sound of things and can make some sense of it even though it sounds a little weird.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:12:57 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

KetPa4

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
Hi Joe
Thank you for responding Its just that I convert styles from different manufacturers and i have never experienced the difficulties with any other manufacturer I can import SFF format and covert to ketron or any other manufacturer and they work fine and play fine even in style works but the sff2 format will not play correctly and therefore will not convert correctly The genos styles are particularily poor sounding in the software even though the acility for SFF 2 is chosen as the format to play. I had a genos for a week but sent it back as it was very disapointing to discover it didnt seem to have a decent drum editor and nobody on this forum offered any solution to my dilema I dont know if you are a genos player or not but for me not being able to edit the drum kit and simply adjust he volume levels on a particular drum part is a non runner particularly when this keyboard is €1000 dearer than any other arranger in its class

Offline Ed B

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
Hi
You can edit the drums on the Genos. Take a look at the reference manual page 25.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:10:45 AM »
I edit the drums all the time using StyleMagic.  It is one of the best style editing tools we have for the Yamaha arranger.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html