Author Topic: Simulating guitar amps on a tyros 5  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Whino

Simulating guitar amps on a tyros 5
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:29:23 PM »
I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this please?

There is a video on Youtube of Peter Baartmans demonstrating a Tyros 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V75-aOKvL0U&t=1595s

23 minutes into the video he shows how to simulate many Classic guitar amps and suggests that you can plug a guitar into the Tyros and play it through these simulated amps.

He selects "Vintage Amp", turns on DSP and then goes to the mixing console where he selects the middle tab.

The amps appear with a simulated "picture" of the amp including all it's controls etc.

When I try this on my newly acquired Tyros I just get a load of knobs etc, The feature Peter is showing doesn't seem to exist.

Maybe there has been a firmware update? Does anyone know how to achieve  this with the simulated pictures of the amps?

Seagull29

Re: Simulating guitar amps on a tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 11:23:51 PM »
Hi,
you must select one specific DSPeither in instrumet setting, either in mixer: "DSP 1" then "Distortion" and you have the list of all simulating amps. So, you can choose what suits for the concerned instrument.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Whino

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 12:05:43 AM »
I don't have a Tyros so not sure, but I think that only some of the distortion DSPs show the nice picture of an amp. So try changing the DSP type and see what happens.
Genos

Offline terryB

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 12:28:43 AM »
I used to have Tyros 5 but now have Genos, but I did use guitar with T5 and plugged into the mike socket.
For the mike socket you can only use DSP 7 (as I recall, or is it DSP9?). I think you select your chosen effect then exit to get the dial screen you mention to appear. Its a b it different on the Genos which I now use.

Cheers
Terry

Cosmorot

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »
 8) Sorry, guys, but the distortion in T5 and Gennos sucks. How easy to saturate you can use! But ... **** it! It's 2018 now! Now the amazing plugins are simulating combos. To make a good rock drive, I have to dance shamanic dances with a tambourine. Make the right voice for the future drive - assign it to the aux - on the computer to pick up the combosim - calibrate the incoming signal for a correct drive.
    What Yamaha offers is good for saturation of drums, or drive for a synthesizer. But drive for the organ (Hammond) - no, for guitars - no.

Offline bob1940

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 11:56:31 PM »
Select a guitar voice you like, you can tweek it, then save with a name  to user I think there is 1-7 then plug into mike input make sure all mike effects are off then select dsp7 which is mike then select the user effect you want, problem it only seems to give you the amp effects.