Author Topic: yamaha genos playlist organiser  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Oldden

yamaha genos playlist organiser
« on: February 18, 2018, 03:07:41 AM »
Hi,
Do you think there will ever be an upgrade to the playlist organiser. Some form of searching perhaps, or a way to put them in alphabetical order, maybe a Windows program to organise the list. Yes it works but it's very basic, perhaps in the next Genos update or the one after.

Oldden

Offline trebor1950

Re: yamaha genos playlist organiser
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 04:38:43 AM »
Yep - If you use Windows (other operating systems are similar) - copy all your RGT's to a separate directory in 'File Explorer' - Left click top of the 'Name' column - Now they are in alphabetical order. Put that file back onto your USB stick - load to Genos - create and save an 'Alpha Master Playlist'..... simple - I've done it.

There are possibly other ways - but this worked for me.

Rob

The following users thanked this post: Oldden

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:49 AM »
Hi,
Do you think there will ever be an upgrade to the playlist organiser. Some form of searching perhaps, or a way to put them in alphabetical order, maybe a Windows program to organise the list. Yes it works but it's very basic, perhaps in the next Genos update or the one after.

Oldden

I too would like to see those enhancements/features included with a firmware update so it can all be done at the keyboard.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline AlBags

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »

Agree ..

Another upgrade that would enhance the Playlist system.
Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Oldden

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
Hi,

Just a little tip that might help someone. The Tyros 5 playlist for the Genos is very big, jumbled up and starts with a number,   then an underline followed by the song name. To do an alphabetical search of all the songs starting with just one letter type in the underline character first then the letter that you want. It works the same with more than one letter, a normal search will work but will give you the letters inside the song title as well.

Oldden

The following users thanked this post: AlBags

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 09:22:02 PM »

Good tip!  Thanks.

Only problem is .. If you search the A's, you get 'too many results!

I'll get around to reformatting the list so is in alphabetical order. A pain when it's like this.
Am I missing something here ....?

If you load the Tyros 5 MFD file, I see 183 pages in scroll, with a layout the same as the other Genos Playlists (which you can double-click on to load (or press 'load' on bottom R/H panel)

However, if I search the MFD, I get results in a panel layout, and cannot load without taking the number and scrolling through the original list.
Better way to do it? So ... A quick way to load search results?

Thanks!

Al.   
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Oldden

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 10:39:11 PM »
True, loads of A's, plus a fair number from other letters. Ideal would be to search not only names but also styles, timing and just about anything which would be useful. Wether it will ever materialise I don't know. There may be a time when other people will be able to write apps for Genos similar to what's done for the  iPad, authorised by Yamaha who take a share of the profits. We will just have to wait and see, meanwhile, its a fine machine and I love it.

Oldden

The following users thanked this post: AlBags