Author Topic: Connecting aTyros 5 to home Wi Fi  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Whino

Connecting aTyros 5 to home Wi Fi
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:18:16 PM »
I've just upgraded my old PSR950 to a Tyros 5 and I also have the Wi Fi dongle. I connected to my home network without any problem thinking that I would be able to see the Tyros Hard drive on my network on my computer. This would make it great for transferring styles etc.

Needless to say I can't see it on the network even though I'm certain it's connected.

Is this normal or am I missing something? If I can't see it on the network what's the point of the dongle?
I would be grateful for any advice

Seagull29

Re: Connecting aTyros 5 to home Wi Fi
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 12:38:24 AM »
Hi,
I don't think that you can see Tyros' HD on your computer by WiFi. But you can transmit Expansion Packs by YEM usingWiFi. If you want to see the HD on your computer, you may use an USB plug and, for this function, hold Music Finder switch button at the same time as you turn on Tyros. Normally, Tyros will be connect in computer and you'll see and appear HD on your computer.

The following users thanked this post: Whino, EileenL

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:29:15 AM »
Yes you don't need a dongle to do this.

The following users thanked this post: Whino

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:38:39 AM »
Is this normal or am I missing something? If I can't see it on the network what's the point of the dongle?
I would be grateful for any advice

The point of the dongle is to connect your keyboard to the internet.

To view the Tyros hard drive as an external drive to your computer, you need to power on the keyboard in USB Storage Mode (Power ON + Music Finder).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Whino

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »
Thanks everyone.

When I press the music finder button and turn on the Tyros I get a message stating that the hard dive can be accessed but it's still not visible on my network.

As a workaround I've copied all my style files using a USB flash drive onto the Tyros hard drive.

Regards
Tony

Offline AlBags

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 11:13:26 PM »

I cant be 100 percent certain on this ('cos I never did it on my T5-76) .. others may tell you with certainty!

But I think you boot up, as you have done, and then connect Tyros to Host USB on PC/Laptop to access.
Not a Network visible device over wifi .. This would mean having a media server/USB sharing setup, and I dont think that capable.
In theory, the Tyros/Genos 'could connect directly to YamahaMusicsoft account and load packs directly .. and YamahaEurope to check/update Firmware directly. Yamaha would have to build in extra wifi/net features/support, and did not do so, so we have to live with what they give us.

Al. 
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »
Thanks everyone.

When I press the music finder button and turn on the Tyros I get a message stating that the hard dive can be accessed but it's still not visible on my network.

As a workaround I've copied all my style files using a USB flash drive onto the Tyros hard drive.

Regards
Tony

You need to connect your keyboard to your computer via USB cable. The USB storage mode has been around long before WiFi connections.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons