Author Topic: T5 to Genos: Missing Features?  (Read 3688 times)

Ric4001

T5 to Genos: Missing Features?
« on: February 17, 2018, 08:09:11 PM »
I'm trying to decide whether to make the jump from a T5 to Genos.  I've learned from reading the firmware threads that Genos is missing the Style Recommender feature.  Are there any other significant features missing from Genos?  I know there are lots of changes and different ways of doing things, and the music finder is replaced with the playlist, but the Style Recommender is the only significant feature I've read about so far that appears to be missing altogether.  Are there others?

Offline AlBags

Re: T5 to Genos: Missing Features?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »

Hi

I went T5-76 to Genos.
What is significant to one person is insignificant to others ..
Personally I didnt miss it, as never used it anyway .. although I did try it.
Unfortunately, many styles seem to be biased to what the compiler 'thinks' we like, and many styles come out like Beerfest, Polish Disco, Japanese pop music!
I get used to flicking through styles live, to see what fits, and alter a few things to than save as 'ongoing' registrations.
The OTG setting on Genos seems to be an improvement to that on T5, that helps when trying out style changes live.

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:36:58 AM »
I too never used the style recommender. I usually listen to a style and a song comes to mind. There are a lot of reworked and new styles on Genos plus some old favorites. The beauty now is that if you find a style you like you can save it to Favorites so it is easy to find when you want to use it again. I will agree that most of the OTS settings are much better now and are usable without having to adjust them. The playlist is a much better feature than MF which I never used and it is easy to set up your own playlists to. Another great feature is that you can now assign certain functions you want to find quickly to the six buttons and even to the ones on the bottom of the home page. This makes life much easier when you can't remember where you saw a certain article.
   All in all Genos is a lovely keyboard and great to play.

vanray

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
Are there any other significant features missing from Genos?  I

Yes iv listed and documented Some of  them, under the post title of :

New Firmware Upgrade Requests & Flaws

Offline AlBags

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 03:55:59 AM »

Yes iv listed and documented Some of  them, under the post title of :

New Firmware Upgrade Requests & Flaws

You'll be busy for a while if you take over that thread!  👍😂😂. Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!