Author Topic: Style editing Genos  (Read 4878 times)

Offline guitpic1

Style editing Genos
« on: February 16, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
Coming from a PA4X, I’ve been impressed with style editing on Genos.  I love that the mixer function can be used by the touchscreen and sliders.

Swapping instruments in a style is a breeze.  Don’t like the bass in a style? Change it while the style is playing...cool...as we used to say in the 60’s.

😊
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Re: Style editing Genos
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
I don't think there is anything you can't do with PA4X.
It's a pity that Genos has no "real" style editor!
Cheers, Joe

Genos | S90ES | Roland A800pro | Korg PA4X | Mainstage

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
Coming from a PA4X, I’ve been impressed with style editing on Genos.  I love that the mixer function can be used by the touchscreen and sliders.

Swapping instruments in a style is a breeze.  Don’t like the bass in a style? Change it while the style is playing...cool...as we used to say in the 60’s.

😊
The Style editing concept differs from TYROS so my learning curve gave me stress, but the new system is excellent. You can do things you never could before like after changing the base to piano on an intro - which you could before - and finding out that the piano is in a too low octave to sound nice, you can adjust that.  This feature is great because when you use a style in a transposed key often voices like choirs become unnatural.  There is this automatic reset of the style part, and it works well on the presets, but not always with non standard voicing. This new feature is really GREAT.

regards from sunny snowy Helsinki      Kaarlo

Offline Brian3331

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:12:36 PM »
Being a country musician it’s so frustrating every Keybord I buy I need to make styles to suit my needs that’s the only thing I miss about Ketron Audya there’s an automatic cymbals hits when you go to ABCD why can’t Yamaha do that. you can’t play it in manually either I really hope they reads the posts on here

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 12:29:11 AM »
Being a country musician it’s so frustrating every Keybord I buy I need to make styles to suit my needs that’s the only thing I miss about Ketron Audya there’s an automatic cymbals hits when you go to ABCD why can’t Yamaha do that. you can’t play it in manually either I really hope they reads the posts on here

Don't count on Yamaha reading posts, just call them up and make your request so it will be documented.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 12:46:01 AM »
You could put it in a Multi pad and use from there.

Offline guitpic1

Re: Style editing G
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
I don't think there is anything you can't do with PA4X.
It's a pity that Genos has no "real" style editor!

You are correct if you are into oscillators/LFO’s and the like.  Problem is you can spend as much time learning to use editing tools as learning new music.

Been there on the 4X, done that. Would rather spend my time learning new music.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:44:46 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.