Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter - is it good ?

(1/5) > >>

Al Ram:
Hello Friends.
I use an iPad to connect with Genos.  Using the app SongBook+ to display PDF's and recall Genos registrations using the 'link' feature of SongBook+.     I am currently connecting using the USB-to-host cable and apple USB-3 camera adapter that allows the connection and at the same time allows to charge the iPad.   

The apple camera adapter is no longer working.!!!  It seems like it has been burnt or something but it is no longer transmitting the signal to/from iPad/Genos.   I am currently using my other spare/backup camera adapter that is working fine. 

So, rather than buying another backup camera adapter I am planning on replacing the cable connection with bluetooth wireless and considering the Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Bluetooth MIDI Adapter. 

I would only use it for the iPad/Songbook+ to recall Genos registrations.   i do not use midi files.  So, as long as the PDF's are displayed on the iPad and the Genos registrations recalled with reasonable speed i do not care too much for latency.

If you are using the Yamaha MD-BT01 adapter this way, i will appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

voodoo:
Hi Al,

I own the BT-MD01, and I think it should work fine. I have not tested it with Songbook+, but I can do.

Why don't you use WiFi for that case? In connection with the app "Midi Network" or "NetMIDI" to connect Genos to iPad, that seems to work fine for me.

Uli

Fred Smith:
Yes, it works great with SongBook. I like it better than using WiFi because WiFi isn’t available in every location. The adaptor is.

Fred

Al Ram:
Fred,
thanks for the note.  I will proceed to order it.

Uli
thanks for your comment.   I do not want to rely on wifi because like Fred pointed out, it is not always available everywhere.

Thanks again. Have a great day.   

voodoo:
Hi together,

thank you for this discussion.

I tried again to use bt-md01 and it works fine with Songbook++. But you have to use it on midi port A. It does not work fully on port B. I had problems getting it to work because I had it on port B. On port A it works perfectly.

Back to WiFi. You can use WiFi everywhere when you switch Genos to access point mode. Then you can use a WiFi connection everywhere. Hoewever, be aware that Genos has different IP addresses in infrastructure and access point mode. And if iPad is connected to Genos access point, it has no internet connection, even if it has cellular mode. So it should work fine. But Bluetooth seems to be the more comfortable way.

Uli

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version