Author Topic: Copy voice to user in Yamaha Extension Manager  (Read 6475 times)

Outof

Copy voice to user in Yamaha Extension Manager
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:29 AM »
I can see that all my voices in the installed voice pack (User) got a program change number (MSB/LSB). Is it possible to store edited preset voices and put them inside a new (created) voice pack with Yamaha Extension Manager?

Offline panos

Re: Copy voice to user in Yamaha Extension Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:22 AM »

Outof

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:38:48 AM »
Thanks, but what I need is to edit a Yamaha preset voice, or just copy it for that matter, not make my own voice from scratch and store it to user bank.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:40:22 AM »
Here it is says that you can create Expantion pack.with any voice you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaj9fGO43ck

I personnaly just have a folder to the usb stick where I just save the edited voices if I wish.
If you want just to save edited Preset voices, you can also save the voices  to the OTS of a style and they always be there with the changes you made to them,without having to save the voices first as new voices to a folder.

Outof

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:20:31 AM »
Thanks. I am still not shure how I can store a preset voice/edited voice to a user voice with Extension manager. Why I ask is because storing sound trough USB doesn't give me any MSB/LSB/PC information. But I have recognized that the user voice do have. All the extension packs have this kind of information. I think I even have seen that you can make your own MSB/LSB/PC with Extension Manager when creating your own pack. 

However, my target is to have this MSB/LSB/PC information on edited preset voices, because then I call them up from my keytar playing live.

ob7914

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »
Hello

I think I understand what you need.
Up to tyros 4 this was possible using voice editor software
With Tyros 5 I read in documentation it was possible to edit preset voice with YEM and store then in expansion pack

With PSR keyboards I am still searching a solution like you 
I hope someone on this forum will give us more informations

ob7914

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
It seems nobody knows how to do it
Maybe we shoud ask Yamaha directly because I don't find any infos in user manual

Offline marius9

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:40:00 AM »
The answer at this moment (v.2.5.1) is that it is NOT possible to do that for PSR keyboards. Maybe in the next update.

ob7914

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
Thanks for this information

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 02:02:40 AM »
You can edit Preset Voices for the Tyros5 and Genos but not for the S970.  The COMMON Parameters in YEM are the equivalent of the Voice Set Parameters, but there is no way to edit even those in YEM. 

You don't really need to do that because you can save your User Voices to the USB1 drive.  Yes... the Voice Set parameters are limited XG Channel messages, but that's the best we can do.

The way our keyboards work is that when we select a Voice it loads... then the Voice Set parameters load to alter Voice with DSP, Envelope, Filter settings, etc.  So when we select a "User Voice" (even if we give it another name) the Preset Voice is loaded... than our custom Voice Set file is loaded to modify the Voice as we wanted according to our custom settings.

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:11:01 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: pjd