Author Topic: Editing Fills  (Read 5484 times)

Editing Fills
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:20:06 AM »
Hi team,

Is there a way to edit the Fills between sections A, B, C, D? My problem is, certain drums are way too loud in the Fill but okay in the rhythm part. Thanks.

Somehow I feel this is a dumb question.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Re: Editing Fills
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:27:10 AM »
I may have found it. I went to the Assembly page where I could select the Fill C or Fill D. On the Edit tab, I adjusted the velocities, and then saved the style as a User style. Sound right? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 03:29:32 AM »
Nope! That didn't work. Now all my C patterns are Fill C patterns. Grrrrrrrr......I hate Yamaha's way of doing things!

Give us a **** Style Editor. I'd pay good money for that :)!!

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:14 AM »
Lee,
select "fill in A" on style creator
press start so you can hear the style playing
press mixing console twice untill you see """mixing console(style part)""
adjust the volumes
press exit (to exit the mixing console and see the style creator screen again)
press save

Do this to every Main-Fill in-Intro-Ending individually

I am not sure if the steps are exactly the same to Tyros 5 and my psr

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:57:18 AM by panos »

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:25 AM »
Panos.....thanks! It's slightly different on the T5, however, my issue was trying to find the Fills in the first place. Thanks to you I found them! You're the best.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 07:19:17 AM »
Hello :) I wonder, can you adjust volume, fills and so on and save, without having to save a copy in the user section?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 07:28:01 AM »
No Toril,
Preset styles and voices cannot change unless they saved first as a new style or a new voice.

Offline AlBags

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:31 AM »

Wow .. good to know how/it can be done! Thx!
I found a couple of styles while I was going through a few at w/e. A couple had ludicrously loud single instrument fills between variations, maybe slipped the programmers' net!.
Wonder if its worth making a thread about the bad ones.. would Y. be interested adjustments in future f/ware updates?!

Cheers!  Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »
Al, so long as we can adjust the Fills and other "over-zealous, crash, boom, bang" instruments that occasionally dominate the drum section, I'm happy.

Rather than a separate thread that exposes the evils of some of the style designs, how about a thread to get Yamaha to develop Style Creation and Editing software - something that actually talks nice to a T5!!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to build styles outside the T5 - all to no avail.

There's only one reason Yamaha won't make said software available - they wouldn't be able to sell their extra styles created in house. They know **** well there are hundreds of T5 owners who could develop or who already have that skill. I have it. I just need the **** software!!!!!!! I submit Yamaha could have their cake and eat it. Those incapable of creating styles could buy them. Those who can, could make their own.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:45:50 PM by Lee Batchelor »

The following users thanked this post: wersianer, AlBags

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »
Thanks Panos. :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline panos

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
For the home users I think is better and easier when they play a song and use a style for it,
to save that style with the name of the song to a usb stick folder,after maybe making some changes to it to the user folder for   convenience.
That way you can always find at least the style,the voices you used (OTS) and tempo for that song,without losing the OTS settings if you remove the style to a new folder.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:12 PM »
That is how I do it😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.