PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

PSR-E453 vs PSR-EW400 piano sound

(1/5) > >>

dogendo:
Hello

I hesitate between the PSR-E453 and the PSR-EW400 (or the most recent PSR-E463  PSR-EW410).
I have a preference for the E453 because I'm looking for a compact instrument and I do not need extra keys or more powerfull amp as i play with an external stéreo amp. But I want a good piano sound.
So, is the piano sound of the PSR-EW400 significantly better than the PSR-E453 ? ; is the piano from the PSR-E453 enough for jazz, bossa and small Classical pieces ?.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Mike

AnupamEnosh:
I believe there is little difference between the piano samples of E453 and EW400, but no doubt EW400 has got more keys; it will suit your preference. Still it would be better if you visit a store nearby, and test both of them.

pjd:
Hi --

If you take a look at the Data List PDF for the PSR-E453 and EW400, the acoustic piano is the first voice in the Voice List.

The EW400 Grand Piano voice is a Live! voice, meaning that it is stereo. The E453 voice is mono. Other than that, there is little difference between the two voices.

Hope this helps -- pj

AnupamEnosh:

--- Quote from: pjd on February 16, 2018, 10:14:25 PM ---The EW400 Grand Piano voice is a Live! voice, meaning that it is stereo. The E453 voice is mono. Other than that, there is little difference between the two voices.

--- End quote ---
Both are stereo, as much I am informed on these two boards. Live! is just a gimmick, and isn't even close to Acoustic Piano, that is present on PSR-S series, but resembles to the regular Grand Piano patch available on all E-series boards, with some parameter/s tweaked. There might be some difference in panning of voice on Left/Right, still it is more or less the same.

dogendo:
Thank you for your answers

If there is no real difference in piano sound I will take the PSR-E453/463

Micke

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version