Author Topic: My first Genos problem  (Read 3943 times)

Offline anandmaloo

My first Genos problem
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
To start off with - let there be no doubt - I am very happy with my Genos :)

I am in the process of loading a lot of loops through YEM. All was working fine till yesterday when one of the Yamaha's own pack - "Indian Worship pack" did not play properly. The styles were present there and playing, but only that there was no Rhythm part.

In another two packs which I loaded, the styles were not playing at all (since it was a bare rex drum loop with no other item)

I had transferred six packs out of which three were working properly and three did not work as above. All these packs who behave improperly were playing properly the last time I loaded them 2 days ago.

And yes all greens were ticked (the fact that the styles were present there but not playing)

Any specific reason why this could happen?  Will try loading the same packs again today and update

Regards

Anand

Offline StuartR

Re: My first Genos problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:53:53 PM »
To start off with - let there be no doubt - I am very happy with my Genos :)

I am in the process of loading a lot of loops through YEM. All was working fine till yesterday when one of the Yamaha's own pack - "Indian Worship pack" did not play properly. The styles were present there and playing, but only that there was no Rhythm part.

In another two packs which I loaded, the styles were not playing at all (since it was a bare rex drum loop with no other item)

I had transferred six packs out of which three were working properly and three did not work as above. All these packs who behave improperly were playing properly the last time I loaded them 2 days ago.

And yes all greens were ticked (the fact that the styles were present there but not playing)

Any specific reason why this could happen?  Will try loading the same packs again today and update

Regards

Anand

Three questions come to mind:

Are you at firmware version 1.10?

Are you using YEM 2.5.0?

Are all these Yamaha packs or only the one?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:57:45 PM by StuartR »

Marcus

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:37 PM »
My only guess to the issue is to make sure that the drum kits from the Indian Worship Pack are also loaded to the YEM. The pack styles would rely on these specific drum kits.

Secondly, try loading the styles from the pack from the Genos expansion folder, that also would contain the drum kits. Perhaps the link was lost pointing to these kits if you copied the styles to another location or drive on your Genos.

Marcus

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:30:08 PM »
Hi Marcus and StuartR,

Thanks for replying.

to confirm -

Are you at firmware version 1.10? - Yes
Are you using YEM 2.5.0? - Yes
Are all these Yamaha packs or only the one?  - Two  were from Yamaha - the Indian Worship pack and Indian Taal pack
The drum kits were also loaded and I had not copied styles to another location.

Anyways - I reloaded the same pack just by removing few samples from one of my own pack.  And everything worked again ! In all the packs!   

Just don't know what was the problem the last time. Everything was same but this time all worked !!

Regards

Anand

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Sounds to me like there was a conflict with Voice messages on the drum kits.  IE; MSB - LSB and Program Change.  When you removed the samples from your custom pack the conflict went away.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html