Author Topic: Genos Bug?  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Eric, B

Genos Bug?
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:23:32 AM »
HI,
About every couple of weeks or so my user settings for MIDI, Master EQ and Compressor are gone?????
All I do is work on registrations, and then back them up to my USB drive.
I see that I can save those settings separately. Will try that.
But the user settings once saved shouldn't disappear ....  :(
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline jwyvern

Re: Genos Bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:20:06 AM »
Hi Eric, your EQ and Comp settings will be replaced back to default values if you happen to carry out the simple keyboard reset anytime. Mine have only ever changed so far as a result of a reset. 
Provided you do save them they should still be there in your saved user lists on the Master EQ and Comp pages ready to select if they happen to get lost again.
John

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:23:48 AM by jwyvern »

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 05:38:07 AM »
Hi Eric, your EQ and Comp settings will be replaced back to default values if you happen to carry out the simple keyboard reset anytime. Mine have only ever changed so far as a result of a reset. 
Provided you do save them they should still be there in your saved user lists on the Master EQ and Comp pages ready to select if they happen to get lost again.
John

Hi John,
That is my point. I have not done a keyboard reset at all.
I am aware that it will erase things.
I named my user settings (for example User1 to Gig) and saved them
However when I turned my KB on today there was no Gig setting only User1.
Nothing was saved there.
That's why I think it's a bug.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:50:33 AM »
HI,
About every couple of weeks or so my user settings for MIDI, Master EQ and Compressor are gone?????
All I do is work on registrations, and then back them up to my USB drive.
I see that I can save those settings separately. Will try that.
But the user settings once saved shouldn't disappear ....  :(
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Eric

Hi Eric,
It consoles me  ;) that finally someone seems to have the same type of problems on his Genos I experience and no one else has reported so far:  programmed settings  cannot be trusted  in spite of the fact  that I  am aware that a reset is a reset and should therefore be used only in case that is the last resort . I have not used the reset function of my Genos.
To-morrow I will know more as a Yamaha representative will come to my house with a Genos to check whether it is only my Genos that has these problems.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:18:05 AM »
Hi Kaarlo,
Thanks for chiming in and confirming the possible bug.
Good luck with the Yamaha Rep.
Keep us posted.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 09:10:31 PM »
A Yamaha rep is coming to your house!!

Do you mean there are places in the world where Yamaha does house calls, when we can't even have a few Genos keyboards in Canada until probably March now??? That's a whole 4 months after the first release!!!!!!!!!! I'm rapidly lousing faith and respect for Yamaha as a company.

Meanwhile, please keep us posted about that bug, Kaarlo. Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.