Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Live Control Sliders and MIDI Out

(1/7) > >>

KeyboardByBiggs:
Does anyone know if the live control sliders send any type of MIDI values/info?

I'd like to control the drawbars in an external virtual instrument.

Joe H:
Biggs,

I would suggest running MixMaster on your PC and open the MIDI Monitor... (you must turn it on) move the sliders and see what being transmitted by the Genos.

If you don't have it you can get it here:  https://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Another thought is to look at any MIDI Configuration file to see if there is any references on the Transmit page to the Live Control knobs or faders.

Joe H

SeaGtGruff:
Note that if you can assign different functions to the Live Control sliders, the data being transmitted is likely to change based on what the sliders are assigned to.

KeyboardByBiggs:

--- Quote from: Joe H on February 12, 2018, 01:11:02 PM ---I would suggest running MixMaster on your PC and open the MIDI Monitor... (you must turn it on) move the sliders and see what being transmitted by the Genos.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Joe! I figured I would probably end up having to run some type of monitoring program and just see what happens in real time.

KeyboardByBiggs:

--- Quote from: SeaGtGruff on February 12, 2018, 01:22:20 PM ---Note that if you can assign different functions to the Live Control sliders, the data being transmitted is likely to change based on what the sliders are assigned to.

--- End quote ---

True, I considered that certainly could be the case. Alternatively, they could be set to output one type of data with a translator type of application, which is routing it internally dependant on what you have them set to control. Can't wait to find out! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version