Author Topic: Best way to configure and save Microphone settings  (Read 3545 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Best way to configure and save Microphone settings
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »
Hi,

I am in the process of transferring all my T3 registrations to Genos. The one thing which is bugging me is microphone settings.

In Genos, I am using the following settings

1) In the main microphone settings from the main menu
2) The lower part of harmony settings - where i keep the Harmony OFF but Effect ON
3) The equaliser settings in the 2nd panel for microphone

The first 2 part settings are not the problem as a change in setting there does not effect the settings of style. However, if I change the chorus and reverb setting from the equaliser and select lets say "Karaoke 1" from Legacy, the settings of all style items also change to Karaoke 1 as they are all linked obviously.

What is the best way - should I always keep these settings for microphone at zero and only work through main microphone settings and harmony settings only.

Can the insertions settings be used here?

Also, can all these three settings be save as a single user file so that I dont have to change all three in each registration.
Regards

Anand

Offline DrakeM

Re: Best way to configure and save Microphone settings
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:25:17 PM »
Hi Anand,

I did run into this same problem when I went from my PSR-2000 to my current keyboard a PSR-S950. I do not have an answer to tell how to get your old settings you used in your T3 to work in your new Genos keyboard.

The issue is your Tyros 3 (as I recall) was equipped with Vocal Harmony (VH), however your new Genos is equipped with Vocal Harmony 2 (VH2). VH2 has a newer and very different set up and options available. Also I believe I have read the Genos VH2 has enhanced features include that were not in the original VH2 which first appeared in the S950 keyboard.

My solution to transfer to the new VH2 was to take the screen settings I had written down for my VH settings and apply them to the new screens I found in the S950's Vocal Harmony 2 available options and settings.

My notes helped me some but I still needed to use trial and error of turn on & off, up & down the different features to finally get my mic set up.

Regards
Drake

Re: Best way to configure and save Microphone settings
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »
I think we're getting to the point in technology where we need to keep the old keyboard for a few weeks of "transfer time" to the new. It's like buying a new computer. I just upgraded my computer to a super-fast, gaming computer. It took a few weeks to get all programs set up correctly. I did this by leaving the old one running and redoing things one at a time to the new.

With a new Genos, some programs (or settings) transfer across beautifully. Others have to be re-done from scratch. If you had the old keyboard powered up along side the Genos, you could at least look at your old settings to help with the new. Just my two cents worth.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.