Author Topic: Ripping Vocals to use in Multi Pads  (Read 5565 times)

Lhill1

Ripping Vocals to use in Multi Pads
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »
Hi guys

I have been to a couple of Genos demo's recently the last being with Ian House in Preston which was an astounding night. Brilliant showmanship and a superb all round demo. All Ian used was the OTS and on one occasion he used a file ripped from the internet where he used simple vocals from a famous American singer and he played the backing. I would like to give this ago on my Genos. I know how to sort this in the keyboard but have no idea where to start on the internet looking for the files. I don't even have any midi files as I don't know where to load them from neither.

if any one can help or point me in the right direction id be very grateful for the advise
gratefully yours
Lee

The following users thanked this post: SingerSongwriter

Offline Nickt5

Re: Ripping Vocals to use in Multi Pads
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »
This a lot easier than you think. so long as the file being used for a pad is in the correct format you should have no problems at all.
The file used must be in .wav format - if its not, and mine started as .mp4 there are a few free web based file conversion the internet.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
Hi Lee,

Try googling 'Isolated Vocals' or 'Acapella'.

You can also search in YouTube using the same search terms.  You will need to use a program to download and extract the audio from these.   Alternatively you can simply play the video and record directly into an audio recording program such as the free 'Audacity' on your computer.    The results obviously depend on the quality in the original video, but in most cases the results should still be fine for home use.

You can also use Audacity to 'tidy up' the recording, remove silence at the beginning, etc.

Here is a link to download Audacity...   https://www.audacityteam.org/ 

Regards

Ian

Offline Ed B

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:16:20 AM »
Hi
In addition to what Ian mentioned Yamaha has an app for the ipad, Notestar Youcan buy sheet music which has vocals embedded. You can turn off the accompaniment and play along with the vocals.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/notestar/index.html

Regards
Ed B 
Keep on learning

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
Hi
In addition to what Ian mentioned Yamaha has an app for the ipad, Notestar Youcan buy sheet music which has vocals embedded. You can turn off the accompaniment and play along with the vocals.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/notestar/index.html

Regards
Ed B

Thanks Ed.  Notestar is a great app for iPad.  I installed it from the App Store, then purchased a song ("Viva La Vida", Coldplay) using the in-app purchase function.  It was a snap to set up Notestar to connect with Genos wirelessly.  This allows the selected parts to play through the Genos audio system.   One can isolate the vocals, the backing tracks, or the piano accompaniment allowing you to sing or play whichever parts you like.  The sheet music (which includes chord symbols) scrolls seamlessly as the song plays. Operation is very simple and intuitive.  It is a ton of fun!!

BTW, Chord Tracker is another must-have app for iPad. 

Joe
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 10:58:26 PM »
BTW, Chord Tracker is another must-have app for iPad. 

+1 for ChordTracker. Yamaha Kittar is a good time, too.

-- pj

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:19:35 AM »
Once you've found the audio on say YouTube you can also play it directly into your keyboard's AUX IN socket and record it straight onto the USB recorder.

OK you won't be able to edit it in any way, but it's a quick shortcut if you don't have any PC based audio software.

As a brucey bonus, if you record it directly on your keyboard it will be in the right format to link straight to an audio multipad.
Genos

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 08:12:36 PM »
I just found that demo video myself, have been wondering how to add audio of background vocalists. Can't wait to try this!

tyrosman

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 11:59:40 PM »
hi singer songwrighter do you have alink to this demo :)

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ZgMKBzMEs&list=PL3rjqgoqj7LIM5SiajhspFASWXhEnU40g&index=10

It doesn't explain how but I'm going to try and if I figure it out, I'll share!

I'm watching this tutorial now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpnEJODigws
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 01:56:41 AM by SingerSongwriter »