Author Topic: Looping an audio multi pad  (Read 6148 times)

Looping an audio multi pad
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »
I’ve created a multi pad bank with some audio files. Can I get the pads to loop the audio file? Or do I need to bring in a looped Wav file?

I think it would be a very useful function to be able to loop any multi pad content.

I can see any edit commands for an audio multi pad once created other than the file options.
Thanks
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline metcam

Re: Looping an audio multi pad
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
Hi Jeremy

Yes you can make loop trough YEM . Make REX file out of audio file and import in YEM and YEM will automaticly make multipad.

Regards.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Seagull29

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:03 AM »
Hi,
I agree BUT all depends if it's a Rythm file or melodic file. In first case, no problem, it's easy to slice the audio file with Recycle and it will follow speed of tempo. In second case, you must slice your audio file very precisely (not very easy) but this one will not follow harmonies or chords, just tempo speed.

Offline svpworld

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:39:47 PM »
Anyone know how to make a REX loop file without Reason or recycle?  I've got Logic Pro X....?

Simon

Offline svpworld

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:13:02 AM »
Ok quick update on what I've managed to do!  I'm doing a cover of Chris Rea's "Fool if you think it's over". For the backing I wanted to overlay a Classic 70s analog drum machine (CR78 Bossa pattern) with a Bossa style.  I've managed to find some excellent free REX loops of the CR66 which sounds pretty much identical from http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html   I've imported the REX files into YEM into a new pack I created.  The result is that it creates not only a set of styles but audio looped multipads.  This syncs perfectly with the style and stays in time, plus it adjusts to the tempo.  Sounds fantastic!
I'd still like to be able to produce my own REX files, but unfortunately this doesn't look possible with Logic Pro X.

Simon

Offline svpworld

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:23:52 AM »
Just in case anyone is curious to know what I'm up to, here's a quick sample of mixing the looped sample multipad synced with a bossa style. Ignore the slight distortion and mistakes, but you get the idea... sounds really nice with the Rhodes piano :-)   This is played live using Full Keyboard fingering and using the mixer to bring in the style.

[attachment deleted by admin]