Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

My First week of having Genos and a brief comparison with my Tyros5 and KorgPa4x

(1/16) > >>

bluali:
Finally I got my Genos and I did a very brief comparison with my Tyros5 Keyboard. I was surprised that the main Sounds are  all the same on both keyboards. However I like the Genos design and light weight. Overall if you have Tyros5, don't rush! I could not find a big difference sound-wise. To me, Genos is like re-packaging of Tyros5 with different look and feel. I recorded my comparison with an iphone camera and shared it on YouTube ( https://youtu.be/4U8S28tz3Mg ). I apologize for my poor English speaking. I hope the video helps.

Added in 4/12/2018:
Genos is the best Yamaha arranger so far and Tyros5 is also very close to Genos. Obviously those who have had keyboards such as Korg, PSR series or even TY3/4, they can be very impressed by Genos (and Tyros5).  As a mater of fact in main sounds such as Piano and Guitar and Violin, etc, there is not a huge differences between Genos and Tyros5. What I meant in my post to show that if you have Tyros5 do not rush for buying Genos! you still have a great keyboard! However, the arranger applications is not all about the sounds, I see Genos is more advanced and better than TY5 in other aspects such as weight , design, ease of use in live performances, better effects,etc .
I am so glad that Yamaha usually listens to people and noticed that the "Search" feature that I had mentioned in my YouTube Video was added recently to Genos and it is so helpful.(Thank you Yamaha! :)) )

travlin-easy:
Your English is as good as the locals here. Where to do you live in Maryland?

Gary  8)

panos:
Nice keyboards there Bluali,

I like the Youtube auto translator's English.
Genos is either Gena's or Genus.
And Tyrus is Titus,Tires or even a Tiger! :D
Nice function though,it helps a lot.

bluali:

--- Quote from: travlin-easy on February 10, 2018, 01:37:11 PM ---Your English is as good as the locals here. Where to do you live in Maryland?

Gary  8)

--- End quote ---
Thanks Gary, I live in North Bethesda .

Lloyd E:
Only about 99% disagree with you.  Lloyd (owner of a Genos)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version