Author Topic: Thanks to Tyros 5!  (Read 8357 times)

Cosmorot

Thanks to Tyros 5!
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:42:04 PM »
Thanks to this great instrument for the great opportunities!
My new song:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42951.0.html

Re: Thanks to Tyros 5!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:09:11 PM »
Holy crap! That background was scored on the T5?? I'm a good player but not that good :). Who needs a Genos? Or better still, imagine what that player could do with a Genos!

Thanks for sharing.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Cosmorot

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
Yes sir! This is T5. BUT! In the mix was separate tracks in DAW. I think many learned the drums from "UpTemp Swing"  ::). I sampled the house drums in a standard sampler. Some tracks with brass saturate RC-20 RETRO COLOR. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6a1lQocYY
The most difficult thing was to writing the solo instruments so that they would sound like living ones. It was a Celtic Violin and a Soprano Saxophone.
The gypsy guitar was previously recorded as a style. It consists of 3 different voices - SteelGtrTwin2 + FlamencoGuitar + Mega SteelGuitar. To give liveliness, I used a light pitch band ;). A small falsity inherent for live musicians (sorry).

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:23:43 AM »
This info should always be stated before we listen. It is very miss leading when other products are used. I  personally am only interested in what a keyboard plus a skilled player can just playing the keyboard alone. Then you get a truer picture.

Cosmorot

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:22:34 AM »
But the listener is only interested in the final product, and not how it was played  ;D

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:53:12 AM »
My apologies, Cosmorot.

I misread your post. You are the player! Fantastic, my friend!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »
This info should always be stated before we listen. It is very miss leading when other products are used. I  personally am only interested in what a keyboard plus a skilled player can just playing the keyboard alone. Then you get a truer picture.

Uhm, bull! What is Yamaha doing when demonstrating for example the Genos as a "producer" instrument? Don't think those first teasers with Genos were solely made with Genos. I smell DAW there as well. No need to reveil all your secrets Cos although appreciated :) Just share more please :) Me like, in fact, me like a lot! :D It is inspiring for people like me never reaching that skill level but nonetheless hearing that it can be done.

regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:59:46 AM by XeeniX »

Offline emasters

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »
I like it - very nice.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
Agreed, Peter. The demo songs that came with my T5 are definitely produced with a DAW. I know the demos are meant to show off the various sounds, but I'd wager there is perhaps only one T5 owner in a few million who could produce songs of that quality, especially when it comes to getting the T5 to talk nice to a DAW, which I have yet to figure out.

Most of us are in a much different playing class!

Cosmorot

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 08:24:21 PM »
XeeniX, Lee Batchelor thank you for understanding! Many people demonstrate T5 as a tool for home playing or for working in a cafe, as a "musical sauce". I call this demo "look how Tyros 5 plays for me". And these demos reveal the potential of T5 by about 10%. But Tyros is able to create a real commercial hit! And most importantly, all the work can be done on one instrument. This is fantastic versatility! Any style (not style - accompaniment) - folk, EDM, rock, Classics, jazz are obtained with the quality of famous studios. The main advantages of T5 are the sound quality and functionality.
This is what my post is about.
And I hope this inspires the composers.  ;)

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 08:45:23 PM »
Fully agreed, Cosmorot. Well stated! You have inspired me to become a better player, while using the T5 as the toolbox :).

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »
Ditto,

I had some experience with pimping my home made midi's that I usually create from sheet music after that crafting practise karaoke versions and mp4 with them in sonar. I recently bought Cubase to try and see if I could get a step further by adjusting my actual "live' play since that isn't good enough yet to make midi's from for practise files and who knows what more now that I have seen and heard what is possible for people who are skilled enough. Not saying I will ever reach that level but hah, I woudl already settle for 10% of that level and be a happy camper :D

So thanks Cos for showing us there is no (virtual) limit :)

Peter
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:03:25 PM by XeeniX »

Offline panos

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:01 PM »
It's impressive that all the sounds (except the drums) are by the Tyros even if the final remixing was done on a PC and not on the Tyros mixer.
When I first watched the video of the song I thought that the sounds were not from just a keyboard.
Then I watched the video of how is remixed and I saw that ,except from the drums, all the other audio files were just compined and remixed on that program but they were not midi files that have been revoiced.
The result is an extremly good professional project.
Bravo once again my friend....

Cosmorot

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 12:19:26 AM »
Lee Batchelor We say "God Himself told": Tyros 5 + Nord Elektro 5D (my dream. Be sure to buy). You can break MTV!  8)

XeeniX Good luck! Nothing is impossible. I wish good realization of your ideas!

panos  ;) Thanks again, buddy. It's really all the sounds of Tiros 5.

p.s. And a little tip from me! If you liked the sound of bass in this song. In Tyros, finally, the bass sounds dense and smooth in all registers, which distinguishes it from the PSR. But in the middle the frequency is not always the appropriate articulation. I use a bass filter "brightness -64" and "harmonics -64". Also in the equalizer completely remove HIGH. And a little bit lower the LOW. In this case, the bass sounds deep and is easily mixed. And it does not sound like Yamaha  ;)

Offline AlBags

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 08:47:29 AM »

Great stuff. That's a pro production, The T5 plays enough of a part in this to show what it can do (even with a bit of help from PC mixing and drums.
Cheers!
Al 👍😊
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!