Author Topic: connecting Tyros 5 to Genos via midi  (Read 2816 times)

Ben22

connecting Tyros 5 to Genos via midi
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Hi,
Can anyone tell or direct me to the midi setup configuration to allow me to connect these two keyboards together? I think I would have to setup some sort of midi file, maybe "all parts" in each keyboard and switch on/ off various settings in "send " and receive" tabs to allow back and forth communication.
thanks, Ben

Offline markstyles

Re: connecting Tyros 5 to Genos via midi
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 04:15:46 AM »
First step would be to have one kbd, send out MIDI, and MIDI clock (master) and set 2nd instrument to read Midi from Master, for timing..  You could play with having a MIDI chord detect track sent from Master KBD to slave, so that it could be playing a different style.

Tyros has two MIDI  ports..  I'm making assumptions here. I have not tried this. you'll have to experiment..  On Genos you can assign each channel to either MIDI port out,
I would try recording a 'midi detect' track on Genos - this would be blocked out legato chords for the length of the song, sent this out channel 2 port two.. Also lower volume of channel 2 on Genos.  Then Tyros should be able to generate a different style. 

I HAVE NOT tied this..  I'd hope the timing would be tight enough so that the two instruments would be totally in sync..

I do a similar thing with Logic Pro and Genos.  Logic pro has a silent 'chord detect' track, and that plus Midi clock is sent to Genos.. So that I can overdub as many different style parts as I want.. Senc is perfect. 

This is a starting point.. You have to experiment.. Good luck