Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

How to step edit an existing style part?

(1/4) > >>

voodoo:
Hi,

I do not succeed in editing an existing style part. The button "step edit" in the style creator always applies to the selected recording channel. But when selecting another channel than "rhythm 2" the track is erased.

So how can I step edit an existing style part?

Uli

panos:
Hi Uli,
maybe this topic could help you

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42524.msg335908.html#msg335908

voodoo:
Thank you very much. That seem's to be the solution. Step edit only works for parts of self recorded styles, but not for Yamaha styles. There are locked. I never tried to to this on the S970.

DrakeM:
What if you start a style from scratch and record a couple of the channels with some tracks. Then copy and paste the pattern from a LOCKED yamaha style into your newly created style. Can you then edit the track?

I have never tried the above suggestion. I generally find what I need or find something close and then will record in a separate second track of the style any additional notes needed to get the phrasing correct.

Regards
Drake

valimaties:

--- Quote from: voodoo on February 03, 2018, 07:21:11 AM ---Thank you very much. That seem's to be the solution. Step edit only works for parts of self recorded styles, but not for Yamaha styles. There are locked. I never tried to to this on the S970.

--- End quote ---

No, it is not true. What are you telling me here means you neverbuild CASM section for styles for different type of chords. Yamaha style concept are build on 16 channels, but only 8 (as other brands has too) in front of user. If you build a complex style, with more than 8 channels, you cannot step edit or even activate that channel for recording, without deleting the events bond to that channel. For example, if you record a bass channel which on M/m will do a sequence of notes, but you want for 7th or dim7 to get other sequence of notes, you have to build this style in a soft, Yamaha style creator is very poor soft, and you have to use pc soft to do that. Yamaha do often this technique in styles, and those styles which have more than one channel bond one to other by CASM section, you cannot edit in keyboard.
 I do this for at least 10 years, or long time :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version