Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

assignable buttons in Genos

(1/2) > >>

Ben22:
Hi,
Having trouble saving a change. I'm trying to make button "F" Harmony/Echo. Select this and accepts.If I change registration and press"F" it defaults back to nothing assigned.
Any help appreciated. Also tried other buttons and same thing happens. Seems like you need to "Save" change somewhere, but I don't see save function.Do I need to do a system reset?
Thanks, Ben.

jsb1999:
Assignable button assignment can be saved in a registration, or not, depending on whether you have the box checked in the Registration Memory screen.
It sounds like you don't want to override your settings, so you don't want to save them in your registrations.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: jsb1999 on February 02, 2018, 10:21:03 PM ---Assignable button assignment can be saved in a registration, or not, depending on whether you have the box checked in the Registration Memory screen.
It sounds like you don't want to override your settings, so you don't want to save them in your registrations.

--- End quote ---

You need to re-memorize your registrations with the Assugnable Button unchecked.

Fred

Ben22:
Thanks to Fred and jsb1999. Now got it working. Didn't realize you had to save to registration. Thought you could have assign button programmed as a default setting until you change it. Buttons A to G seem to be set as default whether you save to registration or not. They were there from new without saving. That's why I thought I could do the same to "F".

jwyvern:

--- Quote from: Ben22 on February 03, 2018, 02:54:50 PM --- Didn't realize you had to save to registration. Thought you could have assign button programmed as a default setting until you change it. Buttons A to G seem to be set as default whether you save to registration or not. They were there from new without saving. That's why I thought I could do the same to "F".

--- End quote ---
Ben,
No, you don't "have" to save to a registration.  In fact if you always want to preserve your manual settings do "not" save assignments to registrations, ie. ensure the assignment box is unchecked. Because you have already made registrations with assignments included you need to remove the latter from them so they don't interfere in future, hence Fred's recommendation to re-memorise with assignment unchecked.
The complication has arisen because when you receive the keyboard all registration memorise categories are checked by default including the assignable box meaning that any registration made by unwary owners has the potential for undoing any later manual changes made to assignments (and incidentally, other features too).
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version