Author Topic: What’s the process of downloading free pack upgrades?  (Read 3011 times)

Offline chony

What’s the process of downloading free pack upgrades?
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
I see that certain packs I purchased for T4 and T5 are now available for Genos.

I tried every menu and option and cannot figure out how to get my free upgrades.

Can someone post exactly directions?

Offline alans

Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Marcus

Re: What’s the process of downloading free pack upgrades?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 02:48:10 AM »
Chony

Long time no hear. Alan's link does explain the procedure to get your upgraded Genos packs, but maybe I can add.

Make sure your Genos is registered to the same Yamaha account as your Tyros. Basically, from YamahaMusicSoft, you repurchase the Genos versions of your previously purchased Tyros packs. At checkout, make sure the balance is corrected to zero. Download links in your library.

Also make sure you have the latest version of the YEM, which is compatible to the Genos and the Genos versions of the packs. There is a Yamaha update schedule on the main Genos website under downloads. Also free Tyros 5 audio style packs. I had no issues redownloading all my packs. All sound fantastic on my Genos.

The Tyros 5 factory Audio Style uploads use some of the Genos expansion space. Once loaded to the Genos, the audio style will not open in Style Creator. My guess is, the next Genos firmware update will allow audio styles to open in Style Creator and then I can resave them to the User Drive and hopefully will allow us to then remove or delete them from the Expansion folder freeing up memory space.

Since I am waiting for updated version of my purchased versions of my audio style packs, I have no issue waiting for the upcoming Genos firmware update. Once everything smoothens over with the  typical startup bugs, I am anxious to work more with editing and custom voices/drum kits in the YEM.

Very satisfied with my Genos and compatibility with all my previous expansion and custom work.

Marcus
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:03:43 AM by Marcus »