Author Topic: Genos - Yamaha Ethic  (Read 3698 times)

Antonio

Genos - Yamaha Ethic
« on: February 01, 2018, 03:22:50 PM »
Hi all

I find that there is little ethics to release Genos under these conditions.
I am very sorry that Yamaha is so reduced, yet it has been 4 years
surely 6, since when the Tyros5 was developed, it was already thought of as Genos.

A real shame!

AnupamEnosh

Re: Genos - Yamaha Ethic
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
What are the exact reasons that put Genos to shame ?

Antonio

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
Sometimes there's a balance to be struck - do you release a complex product which may not be 100% perfect, or do you spend excessive time polishing and perfecting while out of the market? Especially when it's very easy to issue firmware patches which end users can install themselves without having to get a dealer involved?

I can assure you that even when development teams think they have tested everything, within the first few hours of releasing something into the wild, someone out there will find the first bug or missed requirement  :-\

I am sure that most Genos users would rather have their hands on it now, and accept there will be some teething problems.
Genos

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
You may be right . . .  or not . . . .

However, any buyer is free to decide whether to buy or not.  No one is forcing anyone to buy.  If anyone feels that it is not a good product then should not purchase it. 

Why would anyone purchase something she/he does not like . . . ?  lack of research . . . ?  what ?

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana