Author Topic: Question regarding sliders  (Read 9624 times)

Offline stephenm52

Question regarding sliders
« on: January 27, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
Not sure if this question has been asked or posted before.  It’s about the sliders, most of the time when I hit the slider assign button, I have the choices to make adjustments.  I find that from time to time, I can’t explain but when I choose #1 ( the options are B, 1 and 2) selection 1 does not take me to where I can adjust the Rhythm1, Rhythm2, Bass.......etc.   Instead it gives me the same choices I get for selection 2 which are volume adjustments for Channels 1 thru 10.   I’m assuming it’s a registration I load that changes selection 2, but I can’t seem to get it back to the Rhythm1, 2, Bass choices unless I load a registration that was set to the default. Any ideas of where to change this?  I’ve looked in the manuals but did not find an answer there. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:12:35 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline valimaties

Re: Question regarding sliders
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:33:44 PM »
Not sure if this question has been asked or posted before.  It’s about the sliders, most of the time when I hit the slider assign button, I have the choices to make adjustments.  I find that from time to time, I can’t explain but when I choose #1 ( the options are B, 1 and 2) selection 1 does not take me to where I can adjust the Rhythm1, Rhythm2, Bass.......etc.   Instead it gives me the same choices I get for selection 2 which are volume adjustments for Channels 1 thru 10.   I’m assuming it’s a registration I load that changes selection 2, but I can’t seem to get it back to the Rhythm1, 2, Bass choices unless I load a registration that was set to the default. Any ideas of where to change this?  I’ve looked in the manuals but did not find an answer there.

First Assign button is for Knobs, second Assign is for sliders. The "B" is for Balance and cannot be edited as it said in Reference Manual pg. 129 Green Note!!!
You are pretty sure when you press assign button of knobs it shows that screen of second assign button? If so, it is another bug and might be useful a video with this issue sent to Yamaha.. You can post even here the video, we don't mind  ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:07:25 PM »
Vali,   IF I can recreate the issue, I’ll gladly post a video but so far I haven’t seen the problem happen again.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 02:44:42 AM »
I have not been able to recreate the problem again.  In the meantime John “Jwyvern” wrote the following to me at another Yamaha forum.  It’s a great solution and I didn’t know this could be done.

Stephen,
If you want to reset your keyboard quickly to the state that you want it (as opposed to all the "wrong" default settings you get when you do a normal reset) you can save a system file by going to the Utility/Factory Reset menu and touch 2/2. With the keyboard configured as you want it push Save alongside System. Touch User and Save Here.
Now you have this file you can reset Genos anytime quickly to your preferred settings (there are an awful lot of them now compared with Tyros) and without powering off. Just go to the file via the menu and touch load etc. (Remember it will be on User).
John
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:46:16 AM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 09:04:40 PM »
Follow up to my original question.  This is not a bug it’s a function of registrations I discovered thru a Peter Baartmans video that the functions of the sliders and knobs can be saved as registrations.  Apparently I used a registration that changed the function of the sliders.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:10:57 AM »
Follow up to my original question.  This is not a bug it’s a function of registrations I discovered thru a Peter Baartmans video that the functions of the sliders and knobs can be saved as registrations.  Apparently I used a registration that changed the function of the sliders.

Have the same problem, what the sliders do changes and so far there seems to be no way to lock a standard configuration of the sliders. I seems  in case you made the mistake I made to experiment with different slider setting they will always pop up at the wrong moment due to being saved in registration files.My YAMAHA importer has sent a request to them to be able to call up a "standard slider / knob configuration"  So maybe they are working on it.

Cheers
Kaarlo

hollie

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 02:39:47 AM »

Yes they can,a very instant way of saving sounds,that you like!