Author Topic: Indian Users shortchanged by Yamaha  (Read 11631 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Indian Users shortchanged by Yamaha
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:08:04 AM »
Just got delivery of my GENOS. Ecstatic and elated

However also disappointed that my GENOS unit does not have an inbuilt wifi. Don't know why. Am checking with Local dealer but I think Yamaha has been very unfair if they have left out Indian model  for including wifi. This when the price in India is almost 33% higher than the US price.

Not done Yamaha.  Not to forget that GENOS also does not have any Indian Kits.  That's a double whammy

Anand

Offline valimaties

Re: Indian Users shortchanged by Yamaha
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 06:11:01 AM »

However also disappointed that my GENOS unit does not have an inbuilt wifi. Don't know why. Am checking with Local dealer but I think Yamaha has been very unfair if they have left out Indian model  for including wifi. This when the price in India is almost 33% higher than the US price.

Not done Yamaha.  Not to forget that GENOS also does not have any Indian Kits.  That's a double whammy

Anand

An indian version of Genos... I'm curious how it looks outside and in OS :)

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »

Last December, I went to try Genos at Yamaha Viet Nam. It also does not have integrated wifi.
Then I bought Genos from the US then it has Wifi in it.
Basically it is still Genos as we are using, but it seems it does not have a built-in Wifi processor. I think the Indian Genos version is the same.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »

Anand

Would you be able to return it and order the other models from different countries? Say a model made for USA?

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 01:49:03 PM »

I am trying to understand the meaning of this question.

I am sure that humour was intended, but perhaps you would care to enlighten us?

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:42:33 PM by Pianoman »

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Some like the black and grey,
some wish for an epic grave
but I just love the rainbow colours...

Hey, I would like to listen to some ethnic music on songs section :)
Didn't Yamaha give a code for a free expansion pack as a bonus for buying the instrument at all?  >:(
I remember I got a code for downloading the Indian expansion pack for free when I purchased my psr.

Marcus

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 04:29:49 PM »

Anand
Anand
Wow, that would be a let down. You can still use those plug in WiFi dongles that came with the Tyros 5 (even then those T5 owners didn't get one in certain areas).

If you were misinformed about your product purchase, at least here in Canada the purchaser can return to the dealer for full refund. However, if you wish to keep your Genos and somehow get one of those add-on WiFi dongles, then you would have WiFi ability. Remember, you don't need WiFi to transfer expansion from the YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager), you can still use the USB method.

The Yamaha specs were clear that, "LAN - Yes (*) , Standards: IEEE802.11b/g/n (IEEE802.11n 5GHz: not compatible) *May not be included, depending on your area. Check with your Yamaha dealer." See bottom of specs page from link below.

https://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/specs.html#product-tabs

There was a free Indian Expansion Pack that I downloaded from YamahaMusicSoft, but again, wasn't made available for every region of the world. On the Tyros 5 forum, I posted a share link for those who got left out. Give it a try on your Genos through the YEM and transfer by USB stick method. It is a ppf file.

The photos below are how the files looked on my Tyros 5, but also work fine on my Genos. There are 4 Indian drum kits.

Here is my share link again for the "indian-worship-styles-t5.zip"

indian-worship-styles-t5.zip
https://app.box.com/s/7oh41ix3bxe72dps14mvh7fd4dthzje9

Let us know if you have any success with these Indian drum kits and download.

Marcus

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo, Joe H, carson123mendes, pchan

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »

Had originally planned so. But there are logistical issues in shipping the unit to India. That would have been a lot cheaper option as well.

And now I don't want to give it up after having tasted blood !!

Regards

Anand'

Offline GTS

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 05:16:55 PM »
Hi Anand,

If you load the "Indian-worship-styles-t5.zip" on the Genos, please let us know how it sounds. Not having Indian Packs and Kits on it is one of the big reasons I have not paid much attention so far.

Marcus - Thank you for sharing your experience with Genos and the Indian Worship Styles.

Regards,

GTS

Offline GTS

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »

Valimaties - I see you have used a smiley in your post, but that is a very insensitive and uncalled for statement.

GTS

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »
Valimaties - I see you have used a smiley in your post, but that is a very insensitive and uncalled for statement.

GTS

I am trying to understand the meaning of this question.

I am sure that humour was intended, but perhaps you would care to enlighten us?

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Hi.. sorry for wrong undersood me... I think you know about Korg's PA4X universal vs Korg PA4X Oriental versions... they look a little bit different to buttons layout and OS is different...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
Val is only being curryous ::)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 05:28:13 AM »

Let us know if you have any success with these Indian drum kits and download.

Marcus
Dear Marcus,

Thanks so so much  for giving the link of Indian Worship styles. I downloaded it and was finally able to load it on my Genos.

And they ARE awesome. Really really some nice styles from Yamaha.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Anand

Marcus

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:47:20 AM »
Dear Marcus,

Thanks so so much  for giving the link of Indian Worship styles. I downloaded it and was finally able to load it on my Genos.

And they ARE awesome. Really really some nice styles from Yamaha.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Anand
That's great to hear. Hope you get to enjoy and get full use of your Genos.

Marcus