Author Topic: Help needed in loading my UVD  (Read 4673 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Help needed in loading my UVD
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:02:13 AM »
Hi,

I have copied all my UVD (drumkits) fro T3 but simply not able to copy that to Genos. I imported that into YEM. After that when I export them, a PPF file is created which is not read by usb in Genos. I tried to create a pack installation file .ppi but everytime it says "nothing is selected to export".  I did make sure that both the pack and kits have green ticks and are selected, but still it does not work. Have tried all options in YEM but simply does not work.

What I am missing

Please help

Regards

Anand

Offline valimaties

Re: Help needed in loading my UVD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 06:42:48 AM »
Hi,

I have copied all my UVD (drumkits) fro T3 but simply not able to copy that to Genos. I imported that into YEM. After that when I export them, a PPF file is created which is not read by usb in Genos. I tried to create a pack installation file .ppi but everytime it says "nothing is selected to export".  I did make sure that both the pack and kits have green ticks and are selected, but still it does not work. Have tried all options in YEM but simply does not work.

What I am missing

Please help

Regards

Anand

If you do all the steps correctly, seems conversion from T3 directly to Genos was not implemented ok....

Can you double click (edit) an imported UVD? Do you hear something when you edit that UVD? I try to figure out if sampled content from UVD was converted and imported into your pack...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »
If you do all the steps correctly, seems conversion from T3 directly to Genos was not implemented ok....

Can you double click (edit) an imported UVD? Do you hear something when you edit that UVD? I try to figure out if sampled content from UVD was converted and imported into your pack...

Regards,
Vali

Will try checking again and revert

Regards

Anand

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 05:38:42 AM »

Regards,
Vali

Hi Vali,

I downloaded the Indian Worship Kit of Tyros 5 and was successfully able to load them on my Genos.  Hence there looks to be a problem in my UVDs from T3.

Just wanted to understand - I took a dump of all Hard Disk Data of my T3 (including the Root) and it had copies of all UVD files. Since all these files were around 40-50 mb, I assume they contain the wav data in it. I added all these UVDs to my YEM pack and try to same it a ppi file. But it did not work.

I had also exported all my drum kits voice through the T3 Operating System. But may be, I did not try to import those UVD files to YEM. Will just check and revert.

One more thing - I connected my T3 to computer by pressing the Music finder button while starting. How do I connect my Genos.  And is transferring packs through USB stick the only option I have (since my Genos does not have inbuilt wifi)   Can I not connect my PC through a cable and transfer the packs.

Lot of questions. But since I am using YEM for first time, totally at sea.

Regards

Anand

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »
Hi,

Was successfully able to load my T3 UVDs in my Genos after so many trials and errors. The problem was that one of the UVD was empty in the pack. So whenever YEM encountered that UVD while exporting the pack, it stopped, saying "nothing selected to export". So I finally figured that out and removed it from the pack and voila - the ppi was created successfully.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Anand