PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410

(1/6) > >>

pjd:
Yamaha announced the E463 and EW410 pair.

Quoting the Yamaha press release:

"The 76-key PSR-EW410 is the new flagship of the popular PSR-E series and offers the most advanced feature set, including compatibility with the optional Yamaha KS-SW100 subwoofer. The PSR-E463 offers most of the same features with 61 keys, and sells for a lower price.

The new keyboards provide many significant improvements compared to previous models. The fully playable Groove Creator function lets users add intros, section changes and musical climaxes to Grooves like a DJ controlling electronic dance music (EDM). The number of Groove Patterns has been increased to 35, including 10 new ones.

The new Quick Sampling feature makes it possible to capture audio samples to USB or internal memory so you can play them on the keys. The assignable Live Control Knobs let users quickly adjust sounds on the fly."

Oh, there will be grousing in the high-rent district as Quick Sampling and Groove Creator first appear in entry-level models. Young people are more likely to have cash for the EW410 and E463 than a Genos.  ;)

I'll bet they will enjoy the new subwoofer, too. Maybe not their downstairs neighbors.  :D

All the best -- pj

MSRPs -- EW410 $599 USD, E463 $479, KS-SW100 $199

Will ship in May 2018

pquenin:
Yes, I have just seen these new models on Yamaha Europe site, I can't believe it because I have just bought a PSR-E453 !
The E463 is the same keyboard with few new features, appart these that look interesting :
- Quick Sampling function - 5 sample (1 Key Follow type + 4 One shot/Loop type) Max 9.6 sec/sample
- USB Audio Recorder - 80 minutes. (.wav)
But I got mine for 240€, I think the new model will be around 350€...

The Casio CTK-4400 that is way cheaper has the sampling feature, and all the samples can be "follow type" or "one shot", so a bit better than the yamaha...

SeaGtGruff:
It looks like there are no changes in the voices-- at least not as far as the number of voices.

"Groove Creator" seems to be the new name for the "DJ Patterns" of the PSR-E433/443/453, possibly with changes to how they work (there are still 5 sections, but now they're referred to as 4 main sections plus 1 "musical climax")-- and there are 10 more of them:

PSR-E433 -- 10 DJ patterns x 5 sections
PSR-E443 -- 20 DJ patterns x 5 sections
PSR-E453 -- 25 DJ patterns x 5 sections
PSR-E463 -- 35 grooves x 5 sections

There's now an additional button related to the Live Control Knobs, which lets you toggle the first 3 pair of assignments (Cutoff/Resonance, Reverb/Chorus, and DSP Parameter A/B) between affecting the right voices (Main/Dual) or affecting the auto accompaniment.

It will be interesting to read up on all of the new or updated features once the manuals are posted.

AnupamEnosh:
It seems like they changed the LCD panel, website reflects it in a new bright white pattern. It seems like the kids are enjoying these Groove pattern functions, so they added a few more. But I am still eager to know about this USB audio recorder, is it same as the inbuilt midi interface, can we call it a major addition to the board ?

SeaGtGruff:
I also noticed the change in the LCD screen color. It's interesting that the lower-numbered models (PSR-E3xx and PSR-E2xx) seem to have orange backlighting for the LCD screen, rather than the blue backlighting that the PSR-E4xx models have had. I think I remember some people complaining about having trouble seeing the LCD screens on the PSR-E4xx models clearly and wanting to be able to adjust the contrast-- which I doubt will happen, but who knows-- so maybe the move to a white(?) backlighting is meant to help increase the contrast?

I think the USB audio recorder is a good move, and I assume it will work similarly to the one on the DGX-660, but we'll have to wait until the manuals come out.

In some ways I'm sorry that I just ordered the PSR-EW400 (which should be delivered sometime Friday), but I couldn't resist the sale price (about $10 less than the PSR-E453!), and I expect the PSR-EW410 will be priced at around $399 in the US marketplace as the PSR-EW400 was before it was discounted. Plus, the new models won't be available for a few more months, and there don't seem to be any new voices or DSP effects. So I'm not unhappy with my purchase, just very curious to know more about the new features of the PSR-EW410. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version