PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1)

How to layer sounds

(1/3) > >>

ekurburski:

Years ago, back in the 60'd when playing omb organ gigs a favorite technique was to simply add more stops to a sound to build up volume and body to the sound. Max sound possible was all stops on!.  Now it seems we only have two right hand voices and when combining them they don't necessarly get louder. Any work around n this that I'm missing?

Years

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: ekurburski on January 25, 2018, 05:01:35 PM ---Years ago, back in the 60'd when playing omb organ gigs a favorite technique was to simply add more stops to a sound to build up volume and body to the sound. Max sound possible was all stops on!.  Now it seems we only have two right hand voices and when combining them they don't necessarly get louder. Any work around n this that I'm missing?

--- End quote ---

Use the volume control knob?

Fred

ekurburski:
 ???duh.... not quite the same Fred.  For one thing each stop has unique tamber combining  to make even more use of  tamber.

travlin-easy:
Earl, there is a volume slider for each of those voices. Also, you can use the onboard voice creator program, add some effects and this will have a dramatic impact on the overall sound effectiveness.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

mikf:
Earl
You can do almost anything on these arrangers if you take the time but it normally involves some off line advance work and storage like in a registration. That contrasts with those of us who grew up with instruments where changes were more designed to be ‘on the fly’, like your organ. That is one of the trade offs with arrangers, you can do so much more, but you need to be prepared to work at it in advance.
I am impressed by the work some people on the forum do to prepare for gigs - edited styles, full banks of song specific registrations for a whole gig, play lists tied in to lead sheets on Laptops, etc. I played many gigs in my playing life where I had only met the other band members for the first time when we turned up and preparation consisted of - ‘Moon River,, Bb’ about 2 seconds before we started playing it. Sometimes not even that much info!
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version