Author Topic: Genos Playlist  (Read 5609 times)

Stewart

Genos Playlist
« on: January 24, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »
Hello,
I was looking for any advice  if there was a way in which my songs and material in The Genos Playlist can be arranged  in alphabetical order.
This would make life a lot easier for me.
Just like I used to be able to arrange them in the music finder in my Tyros.
I have checked the Genos  owner's book and can't seem to find a way.
This is a new keyboard and I am still feeling my way around it.
Many Thanks.

Offline stephenm52

Re: Genos Playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:01:47 PM »
If there is I haven’t found a way they have to be alphabetized manually.  Not necessarily a bad thing but it would be great with new firmware that we were given that ability.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Stewart

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:35:49 PM »
Thanks Steve,
I don't feel so bad I thought I was missing something in the owners manual.

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 03:35:29 AM »
Hi Stuart,

You can actually sort the playlist using either Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word on your computer.

I posted a message to describe how you can sort a playlist using Microsoft Word:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41104.msg328827.html#msg328827

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
Paul,

Nice that you can do that but from my point of view it’s not worth the effort at least not for me. I only write because I have a few playlists for gigs and most of the time I play the tunes in the order that I have sorted on the playlists not alphabetical.  If worse came to worse I could go to the folder where there registrations are stored there in alpha order.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:52:54 PM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
Paul,

Nice that you can do that but from my point of view it’s not worth the effort at least not for me. I only write because I have a few playlists for gigs and most of the time I play the tunes in the order that I have sorted on the playlists not alphabetical.  If worse came to worse I could go to the folder where there registrations are stored there in alpha order.

To conciliate both demands :D you can store 2 playlists, with the same records, one that store records in alphabetical order, one of custom order ;)

The better solution is Yamaha use another control with clickable header, which will sort gridview/listview using index that store behind column title ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
To conciliate both demands :D you can store 2 playlists, with the same records, one that store records in alphabetical order, one of custom order ;)

The better solution is Yamaha use another control with clickable header, which will sort gridview/listview using index that store behind column title ;)

Vali, Those are some good suggestions especially #2, that should be an easy software/firmware fix from Yamaha.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks