Author Topic: TRANSPOSE  (Read 6457 times)

Offline JohnH

TRANSPOSE
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:06:16 PM »
HEY GENOS OWNERS-----If i play a song that i have 10 presets i saved-----then someone wants to sing that song with me, & i keep transposing to the singers voice---HOW do i keep that for ALL 10 presets ??    I just want to do this once--not permanent--  THANKS !!!!        JohnH

Offline valimaties

Re: TRANSPOSE
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
HEY GENOS OWNERS-----If i play a song that i have 10 presets i saved-----then someone wants to sing that song with me, & i keep transposing to the singers voice---HOW do i keep that for ALL 10 presets ??    I just want to do this once--not permanent--  THANKS !!!!        JohnH

I suppose you keep those "presets" in registrations... so you can use Registration Freeze... Press Direct Access + Freeze Button, and be shure that Transpose is checked... Practically, keep checked all settings you want to keep in that moment...  Try it...

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:33:38 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:13:09 PM »
I suppose when you are talking about presets you really mean registrations. You should store the Transpose group only in the first, initial registration. Any registration to follow should be saved with the Transpose box NOT checked. Then you can recall the initial registration, change the transpose parameter to your (resp. your singer's) needs. Using the remaining reg buttons wil not alter the transpose setting. HTH and good luck.
Regards, Michael

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
What Dromeus said is a good response, when you strictly save your transpose setting to one of those registrations (the first one is the best).

But if you already have saved your registrations with transpose option, I think freeze option with checked transpose is a good way to do it...

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:00:20 PM »
If you are going to do this only once, for me the easiest way is as follows.  I do this very often and takes me 1-2 minutes or less.

1. change transpose and save the new transpose value for each of the 10 buttons
2. Verify that new transpose is in all 10 buttons. 
3. Sing
4. leave the registration bank without saving the registration bank (just select a different registration/bank name)

System will ask you if you want to save the registration first. Do NOT save and system will keep the original values.

Hope this helps.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »
If you are going to do this only once, for me the easiest way is as follows.  I do this very often and takes me 1-2 minutes or less.

1. change transpose and save the new transpose value for each of the 10 buttons
2. Verify that new transpose is in all 10 buttons. 
3. Sing
4. leave the registration bank without saving the registration bank (just select a different registration/bank name)

System will ask you if you want to save the registration first. Do NOT save and system will keep the original values.

Hope this helps.

I think you are complicated to much... it is maybe one time in a season when you have to transpose for someone else...
The solution of freezing is the best... you can use all your registrations if you uncheck some items... is very simple and it has the most usability...

Regards, Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:48:53 PM »
The important thing here is to take the tick out of Transpose in your memory. Make sure your bank is saved this way. Then when your singer comes up and chooses the key just transpose your keyboard and play away.
  All my registrations are saved this way as I want to transpose when I want it and not when the registration is selected. If the singer wants to sing in G and my music is in F, I just put trans at +2 and select my first registration and away we go. Nothing is permanently saved.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 06:16:49 AM »
When you perform in a band and want to quickly change songs, you don't have time to transpose in this way, so you need the registrations be already transposed... There was a time in my country when the changing between songs without a little pause (about 3-5 seconds) was not pleased by audience... Now times changes, and we (bands) "taught them in wrong way" and now they are not pleased if there is a little pause in our performance... So we have to perform songs as medleys, which means registrations I have to store them already transposed...

But, everybody does how it is used to... :) We have to choose what is better for us, easy in the same time, low consumption time, etc... a lot of factors...

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
John H wanted to know the easiest way to transpose for what he want's to do and what I wrote is the easiest way.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:41 PM »
John H wanted to know the easiest way to transpose for what he want's to do and what I wrote is the easiest way.

... in your opinion... in my opinion, is safe for his registrations not to alter, and easy as possible it is. It's only a setting that he must make, and that is to set up the freeze screen options... Then he can load what registration he wants with freeze activated... I don't understand why you are complicated so much?!  ???

look at what he said ...  it has already the registrations saved... and he wants a solution for the moment, not a permanent one ;)
-----If i play a song that i have 10 presets i saved-----.......    I just want to do this once--not permanent--  THANKS !!!!        JohnH
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:04:31 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline JohnH

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »
I suppose you keep those "presets" in registrations... so you can use Registration Freeze... Press Direct Access + Freeze Button, and be shure that Transpose is checked... Practically, keep checked all settings you want to keep in that moment...  Try it...

Regards,
Vali
        THANKS VALI-----This is exactly what i was looking for------works perfect !!---- I do keep my presets in registrations------I appreciate everyone's comments---keep the MUSIC &  HELP---going !!--------------JohnH           

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »
In My Way as you put it. Registrations will not alter at all That is why it is such a simple operation. I have been working with singers over the last ten years and it works every time.