Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

Position Multi Pad

(1/3) > >>

Stijn:
Is there a specific reason why Yamaha decided to move the Multi Pad buttons to the right hand side of the Genos?
All the Tyros models had them on the left.

Stijn

Joe H:
The Multi Pads have always been on the right side of the keyboard with the PSR arrangers.  It seems better access to me.  I always thought the Tyros had them on the wrong side because you have to lift your left hand from the keyboard to access them and too far away from the keybed. It is so much easier to reach on the right... next to the OTS buttons.

Joe H

Dromeus:
To access the Multi Pad buttons, you have to lift your hand, true, it may be your left hand or your right hand, depending on your needs. There may be no general answer which location is the best.

Personally I find myself more busy with the right hand, so I liked the Multi Pads on the left side. Actually I really had to rework some songs to find a new solution how I could achieve what I'm after, because I had only a very short time window to hit a Multi Pad button with my left hand, and it was impossible to do that with the Genos having the Multi Pads at the right side.

If you look at the left side of Genos you see it's crowded, because the sliders and knobs need much space. But certainly it is the right place for those controls. So the Multi Pad buttons just had to move. The ideal position for me would be above the registration, but that would have other drawbacks so I would not opt for that.

I can get along with the new layout but I'd really like to see the Multi-Pad buttons swap the place with the OTS buttons, so they move more to the center to be more accessible to the left hand. I admit that I don't use the OTS buttons when playing live anyway.

Stijn:
I'm still waiting for my Genos....

After having played Tyros for 10 years I expect some problems getting used to the new Multi Pads position.

Many of the songs I play are by Scharrenberg https://www.keyboardsoftware.nl and the use of Multi Pads are a real nice addition to the performance. Multi Pads often need to be applied together with a chord change and  I then use the MP/Sync Start and the Sequence function together with a pedal, all set up in a Registration of course.
However, for some songs I guess I will need to leave some of those MP out because they are just too difficult to get them inserted on the 3rd beat for instance  – sometimes 2 buttons at the same time – and if you don’t get it right it just sounds awful! Especially when you’re playing their LAP Styles.

I know I could use an MFC10 and program it to insert the Multi Pads.

Dromeus:

--- Quote from: Stijn on February 18, 2018, 06:03:14 PM ---they are just too difficult to get them inserted on the 3rd beat for instance

--- End quote ---

If I'm too busy at the beat where I'm supposed to start the (one-shot) Multi Pad, I just add some beat(s) of silence at the beginning of the Multi-Pad so I can trigger them when I have a free hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version