Author Topic: STOP “Style file lost”  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Will49

STOP “Style file lost”
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is the message I get when I scroll to the ‘State Of New York’ entry in the Music Finder. I noticed this by accident whilst scrolling for another song the other day… I am not yet aware of any other ‘lost files’ in the MFD. Has anyone else come across this? Click on the link below for a photo of the screen.

Kind regards,
Will
http://will49.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2717711662.jpg
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:28:23 PM by Will49 »

Offline alans

Re: STOP “Style file lost”
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »
Hi Will

Could you not try re-installing MFD from the Yamaha uk website,it might be worth a try

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline Will49

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:12:46 PM »
Could you not try re-installing MFD from the Yamaha uk website,it might be worth a try
Hi Alan. Yes, I was just thinking along those lines myself to be honest... no harm in trying. Meanwhile, perhaps someone will be so kind as to have a look on their T5 to see what style (if any) they have listed for that particular song. At least, it will confirm whether it's just mine, or if the style file is missing for other T5 owners as well.

Kind regards,
Will

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »
Yamaha's 'full' MFD for the T5 contains 1825 records, but there is no record for ‘State Of New York’!

I wonder if the record is supposed to be for the song 'New York State Of Mind' but was copied from an old MFD which used 'cryptic' song names?   If this is so, then there is already a record in the T5 MFD for this which uses the 'Slow&Easy' preset style (Ballad category) at 72 bpm.

Your screen shot shows that you have 1828 records in your MF, 3 more than the original Yamaha MFD, so the ‘State Of New York’ record is presumably one that has been added either by you, or whoever provided the MFD file.

This means that reloading the Yamaha T5  MFD will not help you with this record, other than removing it of course!

The message 'Style (or 'Song' or 'Audio') file lost' normally means that either the file is no longer in the storage location (drive/folder) that it was in when the MF record was saved, or that the file was stored in a USB device which is no longer connected to the keyboard.  In the latter case, simply connecting the relevant USB device will 'restore' the lost link if you try the MF again.

However in both of the above cases, the the 'Style' column of the MF record as shown in the main list will still contain either a Style name, or '(SONG)' or '(AUDIO)', unlike the empty field in your screen shot!

You can try selecting the record, clearing the error message and then pressing 'Record Edit' to open the Edit display.  This would normally show the details of the 'lost' file, however in your case I suspect that the 'Style' field on this page will be empty!

So I suspect that unless you or someone else knows a suitable style for ‘State Of New York’, the best thing to do would be to simply delete the record from the MF.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:58:56 PM by tyrosaurus »

The following users thanked this post: Will49

Offline Will49

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »
...I suspect that unless you or someone else knows a suitable style for ‘State Of New York’, the best thing to do would be to simply delete the record from the MF.
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your very detailed response. However, as I just stumbled upon that particular entry by accident, and have no desire to attempt to play the song in question, I think I shall opt for your above suggestion... which is to just delete the entry from the list. Many thanks again.

Kind regards,
Will

vanray

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
Meanwhile, perhaps someone will be so kind as to have a look on their T5 to see what style (if any) they have listed for that particular song.
Kind regards,
Will

How strange
its not listed, lucky you  :D

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
Seems like Tyros 5 MFD needs a Visa for ‘State Of New York’  ;D

Offline Ingar

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 09:01:53 PM »
Seems like Tyros 5 MFD needs a Visa for ‘State Of New York’  ;D
Same here...no  State Of New York.

Offline Will49

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »
How strange
its not listed, lucky you  :D
Ah well, don't know about "lucky" really as it's not as if it was something I wanted anyway, so I will just delete the entry.

Regards,
Will

bmarcill

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 08:25:48 AM »

hello

i think this  song is       NEW YORK STATE OF mind    Billy J oel

ben   

jm

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 11:12:18 AM »
Hi Will is it possible you have added one or two of your own styles, which is not
a preset style?  just a thought as I have the same problem when I add a custom style!
Kind regards
jm

Offline Will49

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
I think you may be right JM! I do recall doodling around on the T5 a couple of weeks ago (I'm not even sure what I was trying to do) and ended up pressing 'save' at one stage! Whatever it was, I've a feeling it may have added an entry to the MFD??

Kind regards,
Will