Author Topic: We are a team or what are we?!  (Read 13278 times)

Offline valimaties

We are a team or what are we?!
« on: January 16, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
Hi all...
I propose a thing... let see what happening...

Every bug someone encounter, let send all to Yamaha by mail... to see we are a lot of users we use Genos and we want to solve problems, not working with workarounds...

What do you say?!

PS: Please post a capture of email send to Yamaha about problem we encounter ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:56:23 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: GrantB

Offline valimaties

Re: We are a team or what we are?!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »
Some of my emails...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »
Excellent idea. I predict your emails will fall on blind eyes. I hope to be proven wrong :)!

I still haven't bought a Genos, based on the comments in this forum. Maybe Yamaha needs to focus on my email first.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:20:25 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Reg

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:29:19 PM »
 Vali:    Your persistence may have been a successful venture.  Yamaha is supposed to
announce  a new Genos firmware update on January 25.  I don't have anymore information.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:09 PM »
Excellent idea. I predict your emails will fall on blind eyes. I hope to be proven wrong :)!

I still haven't bought a Genos, based on the comments in this forum. Maybe Yamaha needs to focus on my email first.

I got you covered Lee, just got my second Genos 😀

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »
Genos x 2 ???

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline StuartR

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 05:16:22 AM »
Vali:    Your persistence may have been a successful venture.  Yamaha is supposed to
announce  a new Genos firmware update on January 25.  I don't have anymore information.

Did you hear this from someone who works for Yamaha?

Offline metcam

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
God Job "valimaties "

I emailed 3 things to Yamaha.

1: Drum editor missing mixing with external samples.

2. Song edit: When open Song rec existing song go to NEW SONG

3.Registrations  ( we talked a lot here on forum about this.)

Sory I did not capture .....

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
Yes I think a lot of us have heard there will be another update this month some time. Yamaha are fully aware that improvements to ease of use have been needed and have been working on them for us but we must have a little patience. It certainly has not stopped me enjoying using my Genos.

Reg

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 03:09:48 PM »

"Did you hear this from someone who works for Yamaha?"

YES

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 05:33:45 AM »

Thats the first day of NAMM 2018
If that date is correct, the new firmware should not only be bug repairs
But also new content. This would make that date make much much more sense.

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline EileenL

Re: We are a team or what are we?!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:14:22 AM »
What new content are you hoping for then.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
I hope the next update of Genos Yamaha will both advance:
- Drum Setup will access Expansion content
- Step edit in STYCREATOR added:
  + Jump button to the top
  + Button to change the value of 10 values and 1 value
  + Change the track immediately in the Step Edit page
  + And if possible, Yamaha should give the user the option of rearranging the layout of the home screen.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline StuartR

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »
Thats the first day of NAMM 2018
If that date is correct, the new firmware should not only be bug repairs
But also new content. This would make that date make much much more sense.

Good find. That's similar to what Yamaha did with the Montage. They announced and demonstrated a big update at the NAMM show.

Marcus

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 05:45:03 PM »
Good idea putting our issues and concerns together towards any future firmware update. Everyone's ideas so far are good, make sense and should be workable for Yamaha. I guess we'll have to trust their discretion whether to implement them or not.

Despite the usual minor bugs and getting used to navigating the new touch screen OS, nothing equals the issues with the introduction of the Tyros 5 with the removal of the Voice Creator, the resulting outrage and startup issues with the YEM. I remember it took at least two Tyros 5 firmware updates to get the "Freeze" issue fixed or the ability to freeze your Left Hand voice between Styles and registration changes, as on all previous Tyros models. I had to rework all my previous registrations just to make gigging workable, and was very relieved to finally get the firmware correction never knowing if this was going to be my new norm.

Very happy with my Genos and liking the Touch screen more than I thought originally. Presently working on upgrading all my Custom Tyros 5 styles in the Genos Style Creator. The one main issue with Style Creator mode that can be fixed or improved is allowing the Mixer assignable button to work while in Style Creator for a quick jump to and from the main Style Creator screen while editing. Presently, because the Mixer button doesn't work in this mode, I have to navigate Menu 1, then press Mixer. I like to edit fast, so that extra button press or sometimes 2 extra button presses if Menu 2 was used previously, adds a little frustration.

I am sure Yamaha will make considerable improvements in the next few firmware updates. Huge potential to add tons of stuff, improvements and features to the Genos. I am not going to gig with my Genos until my backup board comes in and I finish upgrading all my previous Tyros 5 content. The best two improvements I can describe had to be those Revo drum kits and the new Real Reverb+ DSP. Love the extra keys, coming from my 61 note Tyros.

Marcus

Offline terryB

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 04:05:11 PM »
Hi

I notice that page 1 of Menu has 2 empty spaces, which could have been filled up with items from page 2. Do we watch this space or what ?? :) :)

Cheers
Terry

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »
Who knows at this stage. All will be revealed in time .

tyrosman

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 05:57:33 PM »
what i see in this thread we are a team or what are we i would cry this thread the comedy club thread ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D only Joking Yamaha will fix these things in time bugs is not a thing that can be done over Night it all takes time :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:59:38 PM by tyrosman »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 09:26:28 PM »
what i see in this thread we are a team or what are we i would cry this thread the comedy club thread ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D only Joking Yamaha will fix these things in time bugs is not a thing that can be done over Night it all takes time :)

Man, you are disgusting me ... beah... definitely, you are not of this team ;)

Presently, because the Mixer button doesn't work in this mode, I have to navigate Menu 1, then press Mixer. I like to edit fast, so that extra button press or sometimes 2 extra button presses if Menu 2 was used previously, adds a little frustration.

Marcus

You can access Mixer in Style Creator, using Direct Access button and Intro1, MainA, etc ;) For now, is the simplest way, in my opinion...

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Snicker740

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 11:13:24 PM »
Be nice, everyone.

Gary 8) (The old guy0
Love Those Yammies...

Marcus

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 01:46:13 AM »
You can access Mixer in Style Creator, using Direct Access button and Intro1, MainA, etc ;) For now, is the simplest way, in my opinion...

Hi valimaties
Excellent, I never thought of trying that "Direct Access" button while in Style Creator. Nice find. It does entering the Mixing Console a way easier and quicker.

With that issue pretty much solved with your work-around suggestion, style editing in the Genos Stye Creator is way easier and quicker then the Tyros 5. Love the auto-part selection while editing in the Mixing Console while the style part plays and you can hear the edits in Style Creator. On the Tyros 5, I had to manually navigate to each individual style part with the up/down buttons and then select the style part.

If Yamaha does read these requests, then they could still add the Mixer function/access to the black Mixer button while in Style Creator in a future firmware update (for just a one press access), but I am just as pleased using that Direct Access button idea.

Regards, Marcus

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 02:42:34 AM »
Believe me, they read the requests, and they do act upon them. Written letters work best, from my experience, though and I have enjoyed great responses from them over the decades. Emails tend to be somewhat impersonal.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »

Oh my God. I read your instructions and I try it right away.
I just wanted to scream that it was cool.
I keep Dircect Access and press Intro 1.2.3. main A.B.C.D, Ending, break .... and suddenly. It moved much faster than finding in the menu.
Thanks for this great guide.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
It really pays off studying the Direct Access Chart, see Owner's Manual p.118.
Regards, Michael

Marcus

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »
It really pays off studying the Direct Access Chart, see Owner's Manual p.118.
Great idea memorizing that Direct Access Chart, especially in light of adjusting to the new touch screen navigation and certain lost button function from the Tyros 5.

Direct access to Yamaha would be nice as well.  ;D ;D ;D

Marcus

Edit: I checked out and printed off the Direct Access Chart. I found that the Direct Access through the Sustain button above the Part Select area will give easy access to the Mixer screen as well using my right hand. Awesome, I don't use the sustain button anyway.  :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:31:01 PM by Marcus »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »

Guess that firmware update didn't happen for the Genos on the 25th. There was one announced for the Montage however and showcased at NAMM. Could your source have been referring to that by mistake?

Reg

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 03:55:10 PM »
"Guess that firmware update didn't happen for the Genos on the 25th. There was one announced for the Montage however and showcased at NAMM. Could your source have been referring to that by mistake?"

My contact with Yamaha was Genos related.  I believe the response I received  pertained to  a Genos firmware update.

Kari V

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
Missing a deadline is not that uncommon in case of Software: it's thought that is is easy to change, but many times the opposite is true.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 04:49:06 PM »
"Guess that firmware update didn't happen for the Genos on the 25th. There was one announced for the Montage however and showcased at NAMM. Could your source have been referring to that by mistake?"

My contact with Yamaha was Genos related.  I believe the response I received  pertained to  a Genos firmware update.

Perhaps you can follow up with them?