Author Topic: Genos and Cubase pro  (Read 4638 times)

Offline ugawoga

Genos and Cubase pro
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Hi
Just crossed over from Sonar Platinum to Cubase pro.
I have noticed that the Genos is not in the Device list yet ,but there is a patch list out in the download sectiion on the Yamaha site
Does anyone know when Cubase are going to Include the Genos in their device List???

all the best
john :D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

lacobo

Re: Genos and Cubase pro
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »
Hi John,

The latest version + update of Cubase Elements  9.5.x (the 'Light' version of Cubase Pro) has the Genos listed already.

B.R.
   Bert.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:53 AM »
Hi
Just crossed over from Sonar Platinum to Cubase pro.
I have noticed that the Genos is not in the Device list yet ,but there is a patch list out in the download sectiion on the Yamaha site
Does anyone know when Cubase are going to Include the Genos in their device List???

all the best
john :D

Ok, seems you don't use the latest version of Cubase. In this case, you have to download the file for Cubase from Genos download site and put it on
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\<YouUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase_version\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\yamaha
It has been discussed here https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41962.msg332251.html#msg332251
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:23:15 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 02:08:05 PM »
Hi Val ,
Thanks for the information
I have got that now  and all patched up ;D

This is not like Sonar at all and Is giving me an accute headache 
Now there is a couple of other things that is confusing me from soldiering on.

Do I have to syncronise the Genos now with Cubase as I have not got a clue how to do that.I could only find the Tyros instruction on utube.
It seems to be working but have I missed anything there.
I did put in where is the style tracks and deleted that question as  I have found that you have to rename them as they are all there but on different track numbers but retain the right channel number for the style section.
So there may have to be some syncronisation  or make a template.
Sorry about this as my head is not on track with this as yet.

Just need a little nudge in the right direction. In the meantime i am trying my best to solve each hurdle!! :o :-\

All the best
John
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:49:45 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox