Author Topic: MIDI Receive settings on my PSR-S770?  (Read 4771 times)

Offline MarcusAhlback

MIDI Receive settings on my PSR-S770?
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:46:48 PM »
Hi,
I'm would like to customize the MIDI receive settings of my PSR-S770, but I fail.
I use the PSR-S770 as a backing keyboard to my stage piano and basically that works fine.
However what I would like is the PSR-S770 to ONLY receive MIDI data to the accompagniment/style.
The reason for that is that I in general play a piano sound and piano type of playing on the piano and it doesn't sound good if that notes are copied by for exampel guitars, flutes or whatever kind of instruments I have on the PSR.
Would that be possible to do?

Best regards Marcus
Yamaha PSR-S770
Casio PX5-s

Offline Joe H

Re: MIDI Receive settings on my PSR-S770?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:18:50 PM »
You might try turning Local Off for R1, R2 and Left Voice.  These are channels 1, 3, and 2 respectively. Also see my Transmit and Receive setups.

Joe H

[attachment deleted by admin]
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: MarcusAhlback

Offline MarcusAhlback

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »
Thanks a lot for your reply, I truly appreciate it.
And apologies for my late response. I haven't been able to test it until now.

However I'm afraid your solution is the opposite of what I wan't to do. 
If I turn Local off for R1 R2 and left that means that these parts will react ONLY to my external stage piano bot not to the PSR-S keys.
I wan't the opposite, to have R1 R2 and left to ONLY react to the PSR-S keys and to disregard the external stage piano.

Best regards Marcus
Yamaha PSR-S770
Casio PX5-s

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »
Sorry if I misunderstood what you are trying to do. This setup is for using the arranger to play an external sound module for R1 along with the styles.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline MarcusAhlback

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 04:58:28 AM »
No worries Joe.
I figured that there might be a misunderstanding.
Best regards Marcus
Yamaha PSR-S770
Casio PX5-s