Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

Satellite spkrs

(1/2) > >>

edtek:
I guess the Satellite spkrs are passive.  Are amps for them built in to the kb or the sub?

ugawoga:
Forget satallite speakers
Go for Yamaha DXR8's
Cost a bit more but WoW!!! :)

mcbrown:
I have the GNS-MS01 speakers (amplifier in the sub) for my Genos and I'm very happy with them. I turn the speakers up to about 90% and control the volume from the Genos and adjust the sub to my liking for bass output. I only use the Genos speakers when at home and use my LD Systems MAUI 28 G2 for away from home playing.

Murray

pjd:
Hi --

Just took delivery of a pair of Yamaha DBR10 powered speakers for the church. We intend to use them as floor monitors.

Soooo, before dropping them off, I had to try them at home with Genos.  :)

Plugged in Genos and turned the input level up to 50% (12 o'clock). Wow! These speakers can get seriously loud. Dangerously loud in a small room...

The sound is clean and clear from top to bottom. I did a quick A/B test against the QSC K8 and would put both speakers in the same class. The DBR10 has a plastic enclosure vs. metal (K8). That should be OK in the church environment and would be OK in a home studio, too. They are roughly the size of the older (and discontinued) MSR100, but are far more powerful while being just as clean.

They won't replace the Mackie HR824 (mark I) monitors in my studio, but they will be more than adequate and welcome for our church ensembles (piano+guitar+synth and piano+2xguitar+bass+drums). They are a worthy, cheaper alternative to the DXR series.

I can't imagine people playing at these volumes at home, though, where studio monitors are enough.

Hope this helps someone out -- pj

voodoo:

--- Quote from: edtek on January 11, 2018, 12:31:41 AM ---I guess the Satellite spkrs are passive.  Are amps for them built in to the kb or the sub?

--- End quote ---

Hi,

seems nobody answered your question. ;) I guess, the amp ist built into the sub. Don't know for sure.

Uli

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version