Author Topic: Tyros-5 Styles on Genos/Change drums to Revo.  (Read 3845 times)

Mike2

Tyros-5 Styles on Genos/Change drums to Revo.
« on: January 06, 2018, 12:26:38 PM »
Maybe this is already known, but with all the Tyros 5 styles in the Genos, the Rhythm #2 drums can be changed to Revo. When you are in the Mixer under Rhythm #2, tap it once, and that will open the drum section. Just be sure to tap to the page #1 at the bottom. You can see the Revo drums. With that being said, it's usually just the #2 Rhythm. I don't seem to have Rhythm #1 option. Adding the Revo drums for certain styles, really makes a big difference.

Mike..

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros-5 Styles on Genos/Change drums to Revo.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »
Yes I have tried this but it only works well on certain styles although it is a matter of choice.

Marcus

Re: Tyros-5 Styles on Genos/Change drums to Revo.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
Maybe this is already known, but with all the Tyros 5 styles in the Genos, the Rhythm #2 drums can be changed to Revo. When you are in the Mixer under Rhythm #2, tap it once, and that will open the drum section. Just be sure to tap to the page #1 at the bottom. You can see the Revo drums. With that being said, it's usually just the #2 Rhythm. I don't seem to have Rhythm #1 option. Adding the Revo drums for certain styles, really makes a big difference.

Mike..
Yes, yes, yes, absolutely. I already stated my favorite Revo Drum Kits, JazzStickkit, JazzBrushExpanded, or the JazzBrushKitComp. Sure, certain kits and percussive instrument selections have to appropriate for the style type or drum programming, but stunningly realistic drum samples, wave cycling implementation, and drum editing allow these Revo kits to make any style or MIDI file come alive.

Both Rhythm #1 and #2 channels have full access to all Revo Drum Kits. Perhaps in your Rhythm #1 default a Legacy drum kit was programmed in. Just page up to the Genos Preset Drum kit folder. The Genos is an absolute pro arranger, limited by your imagination or willingness to learn the OS and delve deep into the editing to expand your creativity. Remember, you also have access to all the Tyros 5 Audio Drum parts in Style Creator in the next firmware update.

Other Downloads

https://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Marcus