Author Topic: HELP .. Right hand out of key?  (Read 5587 times)

Offline DrakeM

HELP .. Right hand out of key?
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:00:38 PM »
I turned on my S950 today and when I go to any style the Right Hand is playing out of key and sounds really bad wacko.

Any idea that I might try besides a factory reset?

Regards
Drake

Offline DrakeM

Re: HELP .. Right hand out of key?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
It is now working fine.

I think the keyboard was just FROZEN. I keep it in a room where we normally just turn the heat off each night and then each morning turn the heat on.

Just turning the keyboard ON and letting it warm itself up seems to have fixed it.

I was scared there .. got a gig tomorrow.

PS ... I will be turning the heat DOWN but not off anymore.  ;)

Regards
Drake

Offline Jan-Eve

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:45 AM »
Hi Drake! Glad you could sort it out. I had a gig outside a store in december and it was very kold to sit and play and sing. But my 950 did a great job for two  hours. My keyboard is five years now, but no trouble so far.
Have a happy new year from Jan - Eve.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »
Hi Jan – Eve

My keyboard worked just fine for me yesterday at the gig. I did turn the keyboard on a couple hours before the gig and ran through the songs I was going to do at the gig.

There was a thread (a couple weeks ago) here at the forum discussing whether to leave your keyboard in you car over night in the cold. The conclusion was the weather had no effect on the keyboard when left in the cold. It did effect my keyboard but as I stated, once it was left on for about 10 minutes to warm up it began to work just fine.

Regards
Drake

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
Electronic devices tend to do strange things when they are operated outside of their temperature range limits.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Aulis

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:37:24 PM »
Hello to all of you, and best wishes for the New Year!

I have only once run into a real problem with my musical gear due to low temperatures.

Many years ago we were travelling wintertimes booked for weekend gigs in our ski resorts in mid Sweden (Sälen/Idre/Björnrike for you Swedes here). The very first time we brought our gear in an un-isolated trailer behind our trusty Volvo 745.
The transport in this cold environment itself  (this time down to minus 36-38 dgrC + windeffect during 4,5 hours driving) wasn't the problem.

The problem came when we brought the gear indoors on stage, when all the deep frozen equipment start to get warm and build up condensation water. Crazy things happend during the sound check. I had my Motif refuse to boot up, one of the guitar guys had a pedal board dying, both due to condensating water inside.

I believe we managed to evaporate the moisture using a number of electric car interior heater fans (”kupevärmare”, maybe only known for us Swedes). First my MOTIF was out of tune and later had a strange distorted sound the whole gig (nice for the E-pianos), but it survived.
Some years later we manged to get money enough to buy us a longbed Dodge Van, so we could bring our gear inside, in a decent temperature.

Today it suppose to be a real winter here in my region, with almost half meter of snow and real sub-zero temp's - but now in this moment it's raining and +4 dgr C. The global warming is causing us, and will cause us even more, problems!

Best regards
Aulis Gårdemark