Author Topic: Controlling super articulation voices via foot switch when recording to DAW?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline svpworld

Hi everyone
I am trying to record a multi part arrangement using the Genos and Logic Pro X. I've set up 16 tracks on midi channels 1-16 and I've inserted the appropriate control and program change data at the start of each track in Logic to select the appropriate voices. My Genos has local mode turned off so I can now control each track through my DAW and perform on the Genos keyboard. All is good so far.  One or more of my tracks I've chosen Super Articulation voices and usually when playing live on Genos I control the articulation via a foot switch. However I've noticed the DAW doesn't receive any midi data from this foot switch now and doesn't therefore control the articulation.  Has anyone successfully managed to set this up so that the foot switch triggers for the articulations can also be recorded to the DAW?  I'm guessing it may apply to Tyros as well as Genos.

Thanks
Simon

Offline Dromeus

Hi Simon

I checked with MIDI-Ox. The Art.1, 2 and 3 buttons do send resp. a controller 80, 81 and 82 event, data byte is 127 when the button is pressed and 0 when released. The same messages are sent when I configure the pedal to fire the articulation buttons. So you should look for controllers 80-82.

HTH

PS: tested with Genos.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:39:22 PM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael

Offline svpworld

Thanks for the tip.  I'm not seeing these via the USB interface into Logic Pro so I probably need to check my filters.

Simon

Offline Dromeus

Just made a test with my DAW (Sonar), worked perfectly. I use the Classic MIDI interface, but that should not make a difference. You can filter CC events at the Genos on the MIDI Setup / Transmit , but it does affect all controllers of the specified channel, and I don't think you did some changes there. So Logic remains to be checked.
Regards, Michael