Author Topic: New Song using Genos... Wake Me Up Remix  (Read 8559 times)

keynote

New Song using Genos... Wake Me Up Remix
« on: December 31, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
Here is a song called "Wake Me Up" by Avicii. All the music you hear is from the Yamaha Genos.

Vocals are by Aloe Blacc. Crank it up!! Enjoy!

Wake Me Up Remix

PS: I did a Fade In at the beginning of the song so the volume starts off soft and then increases accordingly.

Mike

Offline Pianoman

Re: New Song using Genos... Wake Me Up Remix
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:21:21 PM »
Great playing Mike.

And special kudos to the singer Aloe Blacc.
Most people tend to forget that the greatest instrument in the world is the human voice.
Anyway, great teamwork there.

Best Regards and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:39:54 PM by Pianoman »

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
Way to go Mike & Aloe! I enjoyed listening to it.

Peter

Offline torben

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »
Hi Mike - why waste words? BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo - really impressive...

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »
I like it very much Mike.
That is the kind of songs I want to listen to from Genos and have not found yet on Youtube.
Sounds like the music could be from a DAW and not from a keyboard.
To me that is what a modern keyboard should focus on.
Nice Piano or Organ sounds etc there are other keyboard series that focus on these sounds to make them more realistic
You cannot have them all on top in one instrument. 

Offline porterma

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »
Hi Mike,
I loved your rendition of this song.
Great vocals!
Did you use a midi song or were you using a style right from the Genos?
If a style, I would love to know which style you used.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Mark

keynote

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »
Hi Mike,
I loved your rendition of this song.
Great vocals!
Did you use a midi song or were you using a style right from the Genos?
If a style, I would love to know which style you used.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Mark

Hi Mark. This song is one of the Genos Playlist demos. It incorporates both Style and Midi tracks. The vocals are by the original artist. I wanted to demonstrate the quality of sounds from the Genos and the vocals are just an added bonus.  8) Glad you liked it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:00:13 PM by keynote »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
Hi Mike - why waste words? BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Bravo - really impressive...

Torben

Ditto!

:)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 05:24:03 PM »
Well... I will say at least a few words.

There is a saying... "It ain't what you got... but how you use it"

You have really shown that you know how to use Yamaha's new arranger.

;)

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bob D

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 02:11:57 PM »
Very impressed .

gdc

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »
Wow, that was great! Well done!
Graeme

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »
Great composition. Perfect style selection, excellent vocals, but they should be bumped up just a tad. You have a wonderful voice and it was a bit overshadowed by the accompaniment.

Keep em coming,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
Gary,

This is a Remix of a commercial song.  He used the original audio vocal and overdubbed the music parts with the Genos. This is usually in done in a DAW on the computer.  His exercise demonstrates one of the new capabilities of Genos to compete with computer-based software in both capability and sound quality.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:20:49 PM by Joe H »

keynote

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 10:14:12 PM »
While we're on the topic I recorded another song using the Genos called "Eye of the Tiger" by the band Survivor. All the instruments i.e. music is from the Genos including the Revo drums called VintageOpenKit. The vocals are by the original artist Dave Bickler. This gives people more of an idea of the great sounds that are on the Yamaha Genos. The music is of such good quality this would be considered a "radio ready" song. In other words, professional sounds from a professional caliber arranger keyboard with studio quality content. The vocals bring the music alive and vice versa.

PS: A little background to the song. This was the theme song used in the movie Rocky III.  It topped charts worldwide in 1982. In the United States, it held No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for six consecutive weeks. The song was nominated for the 1982 Academy Award for Best Original Song. Kudos to Yamaha for producing such an outstanding keyboard with a vast array of fantastic sounds and perhaps the best sounding keyboard currently on the market regardless of category or type. Enjoy! 

Eye of the Tiger

Mike

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:32:29 PM by keynote »

Offline Afton72

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 11:38:42 PM »
  Why do I have to sign in to Dropbox to be able to have listen?

Alan

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:05 PM »
Mike,

It's too bad Yamaha didn't include built-in SMPTE so we could sync the style to the audio track.  I'm wondering if we could run the audio file through Recycle and create a Rex2 file.  Maybe that would enable the audio to sync better.

This audio file sounds like there wasn't that good of timing on it.  I say this because the audio is in and out of sync with your style which has a constant tempo.  Or maybe your style tempo was a couple of bpm slow

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:50:55 PM by Joe H »

Offline panos

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 01:36:41 PM »
I am not signed in Dropbox Alan either but I can play the song.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 04:15:45 PM »
I didn't have to sign in... I just clicked on the play arrow.

Joe H

keynote

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »
Mike,

This audio file sounds like there wasn't that good of timing on it.  I say this because the audio is in and out of sync with your style which has a constant tempo.  Or maybe your style tempo was a couple of bpm slow

Joe H

Thanks Joe. It was a little out of sync. I corrected the mistake by slightly editing the vocal track to more align with the music. The new version is also available on my previous post link. Enjoy!

Eye of the Tiger

Mike

Offline Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 09:15:10 PM »
Much better Mike.  I don't know how you did that but I'll say that I'm old enough to know that the bands back in the 80s were notorious for bad timing and even being off-key or out of tune.   ;D

Joe H

Marcus

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
Mike,

It's too bad Yamaha didn't include built-in SMPTE so we could sync the style to the audio track.  I'm wondering if we could run the audio file through Recycle and create a Rex2 file.  Maybe that would enable the audio to sync better.

Joe H
Hi Joe
This was my exact thought in improving my Audio Multipads. I took a lot of work to rework the audio files to fit exactly to the tempo and beat with all my sync/start styles' MIDIs and Audio Multipads.

When I get a chance I will work with my Reason 10 program and the REX 2 format to rework my audio Multipads. I have to figure out the format limitations as far as beat slices allowed, length of REX file and whether it could be adapted to the required multiple Multipad measures the Multipad Creator will allow on the Genos.

Secondly, creating my own REX Audio styles. So much to learn and go over with the Genos, but I'll get there eventually.

Marcus

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »
Thanks Joe. After listening again to the song I kinda figured there was something amiss with the vocals, but wasn't quite sure.

All the best,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...