Author Topic: Symphony Arpeggiator | Triple Example  (Read 8502 times)

vanray

Symphony Arpeggiator | Triple Example
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:56:18 AM »
i hope its ok to post this here

I was under the illusion that the Arpeggiator  was strictly for dance music or guitars.
but i accidentally choose the keno strings ,and was amazed by the sound
that the Arpeggiator  creates , i highly recommend it .

here's a  short sample example , link is below :

https://clyp.it/user/amiq40t2

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:22:53 PM by vanray »

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline EileenL

Re: Symphony Arpeggiator sample
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 02:48:55 PM »
That sounds great. I must explore a little more.

vanray

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
yes theres a lot of stuff under the hood of the genos
i cant ever imaging selling it
i wont even sell my tyros 5

vanray

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:02:37 AM »
Iv added a 2nd String appegiator  link
using 2 different  appegiators in the same tune.
for thos that are interested in exploring this side of the genos

apparently there's an update coming that will enable custom arpegiators to be created
although i dont know if this is  fact or fiction

https://clyp.it/b41elbmr
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:06:27 PM by vanray »

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
Vanray
That sounds great thanks 🙏

Could you share how you set up the arpeggios and which settings and sounds you used please?

This is a really exciting new avenue to explore. I intitially thought the Genos was quite simple and possibly limited  having been a longtime Kronos user but my view has completely changed. There seems to be so much to explore and it just makes me want to play!

Cheers
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Marcus

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 01:05:55 PM »
That's fantastic. I haven't even got to the Genos Arpeggiator yet. It will take me months to get through all the settings, sounds and functions. That Kino string instrumental pan spread touted in the Yamaha demos is clearly evident in your symphony arpeggio samples. Does sound really good and lots of potential and creativity for the user for recordings or live play.

I was more interested in this feature for my orchestral purposes, especially the pianos, guitars, and strings. The Genos is very deep, love to explore the deeper editing and what this machine can do. Sound wise and for sound quality, the Genos is easily twice a Tyros 5 and twice as deep for editing. First week I went through all the styles, style parts and checked out all my favorite OTS selections and studied how Yamaha applied the various DSPs and effects. Now going through all the Genos Multipads and how some of the new ones were linked to certain styles. Eventually getting to the Argeggiator feature, which I am looking forward to.

I am waiting to upload all my previous Tyros 5 Premium Packs as per the Genos conversion schedule. Some of my registrations and styles transferred from my Tyros 5 will not work correctly because of missing expansion or I have to wait to rework them until all my relevant packs are in my expansion. I still have to explore the Genos Creator functions, YEM functions, and check out the changes to the VH2. For now, I only see the Live Controllers function for organ draw-bars or editing, but that can change as well. I am also going to give that 256 note polyphony a run for it's money or rather a proper run for my money. Slowly my Genos will replace my Tyros 5 for gigging and as my home studio board.

Love these posts and appreciate the time forum members take into preparing and uploading their work/demos. Thanks,
Marcus

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 02:27:06 PM »
Love these posts and appreciate the time forum members take into preparing and uploading their work/demos. Thanks,
Marcus

Well put, Marcus. Double that!  :)

-- pj

vanray

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 02:27:20 PM »
Vanray
That sounds great thanks 🙏

Could you share how you set up the arpeggios and which settings and sounds you used please?

This is a really exciting new avenue to explore. I intitially thought the Genos was quite simple and possibly limited  having been a longtime Kronos user but my view has completely changed. There seems to be so much to explore and it just makes me want to play!

Cheers
Steve

thanx j

here are the settings,its really easy,
start with PANEL1

1 string on right1
1 string on right2

you can click direct access then the harmony appegiator button to see the options.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:13:30 PM by vanray »

vanray

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 02:28:59 PM »
That's fantastic. I haven't even got to the Genos Arpeggiator yet. It will take me months to get through all the settings, sounds and functions. That Kino string instrumental pan spread touted in the Yamaha demos is clearly evident in your symphony arpeggio samples. Does sound really good and lots of potential and creativity for the user for recordings or live play.

I was more interested in this feature for my orchestral purposes, especially the pianos, guitars, and strings. The Genos is very deep, love to explore the deeper editing and what this machine can do. Sound wise and for sound quality, the Genos is easily twice a Tyros 5 and twice as deep for editing. First week I went through all the styles, style parts and checked out all my favorite OTS selections and studied how Yamaha applied the various DSPs and effects. Now going through all the Genos Multipads and how some of the new ones were linked to certain styles. Eventually getting to the Argeggiator feature, which I am looking forward to.

I am waiting to upload all my previous Tyros 5 Premium Packs as per the Genos conversion schedule. Some of my registrations and styles transferred from my Tyros 5 will not work correctly because of missing expansion or I have to wait to rework them until all my relevant packs are in my expansion. I still have to explore the Genos Creator functions, YEM functions, and check out the changes to the VH2. For now, I only see the Live Controllers function for organ draw-bars or editing, but that can change as well. I am also going to give that 256 note polyphony a run for it's money or rather a proper run for my money. Slowly my Genos will replace my Tyros 5 for gigging and as my home studio board.

Marcus

Thanx marcus
hopefully the genos 1 will keep me going,
till the genos 2 arrives  ;D

Offline markstyles

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 05:39:02 PM »
Yes, very  impressive.  My first impression was it would be for EDM music, which I have no interest in.. Thanx for opening the door to a whole new avenue to explore

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 05:50:16 PM »
Anyone who has owned a Yamaha Motif knows that arppegiators are used for all kinds of music in lots of different ways. Yes the examples of above links is just one application (for Classical music).  Yamaha uses them to create drum loops (for our style files) as well as just about all the chord and Phrase parts of the style file. 

I started a thread back in September on the topic, but it got interrupted when I suffered a stroke to the right frontal lobe in mid October.  I will be continuing the arpeggiator topic very soon... I have been working on some non-EDM examples as well. 

Everyone is welcome to make contributions including more examples of how arppegiators are used.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39857.msg309524.html#msg309524

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:57:12 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline pjd

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »
... when I suffered a stroke to the right frontal lobe in mid October.

Joe! I wish you all the best for recovery! We love your posts and you have many friends here.

-- pj

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 07:05:55 PM »
pj,

I'm about 95% there... I had Carotid Artery surgery on December 5th.  I'm fortunate to have full use of my left leg and arm (I'm exercising).  I'm still working on some of my brain functions... abstract thinking, (thought) sequencing, playing my keyboard, editing style and Multi Pad files, reading (a lot), doing puzzles, doing the "books" for my business (getting ready for taxes), etc.

I'm mapping out a plan for no drugs... and a better diet for the future.

Joe H

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:15:43 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

vanray

Re: Symphony Arpeggiator | Triple Example
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
Hi
Just added a 3rd and last arpeggiator sample
this one has 2 arpeggiator together,
1. Chord strings ... left-pan
2. Single note string ...right-pan

https://clyp.it/user/amiq40t2

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:23:23 PM by vanray »

Offline Ed B

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 02:44:12 AM »
Joe
Sorry to hear of the stroke. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
The best for 2018
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 02:54:26 AM »
pj and Ed,

Thanks,

I'm doing fine!

:)

Joe H

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »
...  Does sound really good and lots of potential and creativity for the user for recordings or live play...

Marcus

You can record the arpeggiator to the on-board MIDI sequencer (in CMaj7 scale) and convert it to style Part or Multi Pad.

Joe H

Marcus

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »
..."I started a thread back in September on the topic, but it got interrupted when I suffered a stroke to the right frontal lobe in mid October.  I will be continuing the arpeggiator topic very soon... I have been working on some non-EDM examples as well"...
Joe H

Woe!!! Just checked this topic again. Yes Joe, get better and wish you the best in the New Year. Creating, playing, and sharing music is great therapy and involves all the five senses. My organ teacher from years back used to explain how playing the organ used almost every part of body and all your senses, especially if you sing along and perhaps smell supper cooking in the next room.

Even though I have been a part time musician for pretty much most my life, I appreciate the fact that I can still enjoy music and keep my brain fully active working with an arranger keyboard which works just as well for relaxing for those times of stress as life sometimes throws you for a loop.

Take care and I look forward to your future interesting and informative topics.
Marcus

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 07:09:53 AM »
According to Peter Baartmans at a Demo last Thursday, we might see user import and saving of arps in the near future as a possible update.

Has anyone else experienced ARPīs going out of sync?
It happened to my twice now.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »
Marcus,

Playing my keyboard is an important part of the recovery... especially for the right brain functions which include music, creative and abstract thinking processes.

Joe H

Offline Joe H

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 02:51:21 PM »
Old South,

What you have to do to keep the arpeggiator in sync is... lift your fingers from the keybed on occasion and start playing again in time with the tempo... this will get the arp back in sync. 

Joe H