Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Preferred Way Of Connecting Songbook Plus to an iPad and Genos

(1/5) > >>

stephenm52:
Just curious about how you are connecting Songbook plus to the Genos.  I've been using the wireless method but now that I have the USB connector kit for the iPad I'm going to try that method.  For the most part the WiFi/wireless method works well, but seems that on occasion using the wireless does not connect the registration to the linked song on the iPad.  I can't have this happening on gigs, so I just may use the wired connection.   Thoughts and your experience?

stephenm52:
Update as much as I would prefer to use the WiFi connection I opted to use the wired connection and it works first time every time vs. the WiFi connection that didn’t seem to work at times.

Fred Smith:
I use Yamaha's BT-MD01 midi to Bluetooth adapter.

SongBook recognizes it every time, so I have a wireless connection with our having to rely on WiFi availability. I put it on the Midi B port, so the usb to device port is available for other uses.

Fred

zionip:
Hi Fred and Steve,

My Songbook+ related testings show the same result as Fred's experience.

Reliability of Songbook+ connections:
1.  Wired USB connection - reliable
2.  Bluetooth wireless connection through Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth MIDI adapter via Genos MIDI input/output ports B - reliable
3.  WiFi connection - unreliable through both Infrastructure mode, and Access Point mode.

I speculate that this may potentially be a software bug on Genos since WiFi the Access Point mode should be reliable considering how close the iPad/iPad Pro is to the Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

stephenm52:
Paul and Fred,

Thanks for the feedback. Paul thanks for writing #3, there were a couple of times I thought maybe I didn’t link the song to the registration properly now I know it wasn’t my error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version