Author Topic: Connecting WX5 Wind controller to PSR-S670  (Read 3567 times)

bjberns

Connecting WX5 Wind controller to PSR-S670
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »
Hi, I have a WX5 wind controller which I currently have been playing through a computer via a midi cord with adapter (midi 5 pin to USB).
I am also able to play the wx5 through a KORG piano that has a midi 5pin input, using a straight midi cable.
Question is: How to play my wx5 through my new s670?
I have tried the midi cord with adapter (midi 5 pin to USB), and added a USBA-to-USBB adapter that I plugged into the USB-to-Host input on my s670, but it didn't work.

Offline shezza

Re: Connecting WX5 Wind controller to PSR-S670
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
Hi, I have a WX5 wind controller which I currently have been playing through a computer via a midi cord with adapter (midi 5 pin to USB).
I am also able to play the wx5 through a KORG piano that has a midi 5pin input, using a straight midi cable.
Question is: How to play my wx5 through my new s670?
I have tried the midi cord with adapter (midi 5 pin to USB), and added a USBA-to-USBB adapter that I plugged into the USB-to-Host input on my s670, but it didn't work.

Hi I have always played my WX5s and Akai EWI500s through keyboards, but the keyboards I have used have had Midi in so is straightforward. as for a keyboard with no Midi in not quite sure if it is possible. For that reason I am awaiting delivery of my 770. Have you been in touch with Yamaha as both WX5 and KB are made by them they may have an answer and my experience of Yamaha has been very good.