Author Topic: steps to upgrade T5 to Genos ? Help needed. thanks  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Al Ram

steps to upgrade T5 to Genos ? Help needed. thanks
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:42:38 PM »
Hello Friends.

Genos is on its way and should arrive in the next couple of days.  I will be reading the Genos user manual as soon as i get it.

In the meantime, I have been reading some previous posts and would like to prepare to transfer all my existing registrations from T5 to Genos.

Also, i would like to setup my existing iPad and SongBook+ with new Genos.

These are the steps i understand needed. Please let me know if any additional steps are required or if i am missing something.

1. Get 64GB USB drive and format in Genos (do not know how to do this !!!)
2. Copy from T5 HD1 to the Root of 64GB USB drive:  I have a folder each for:
     2.1 Registrations
     2.2 External Styles
     2.3 External Multipads
     2.4 Midi Files
3. Insert 64GB USB drive with copied material in back of Genos
4. Connect iPad to Genos via printer cable and Apple Camera Adapter
5. Turn-on Genos
6. Wait for Genos to read USB and for something (whatever it is Genos will do!!) to transfer and re-do all registrations.
6. Wait for Genos to connect with iPad/SongBook+ (not sure how the registrations will now be correlated to the same registration files in the iPad (i understand the midi-files are no longer needed).   I would like to select the melodies from iPad and bring up the corresponding Genos registration.
7. Start playing

I realize this is probably an oversimplified list of steps.   

If you already transferred from T5 to Genos your comments and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Oxford1035

Re: steps to upgrade T5 to Genos ? Help needed. thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 12:10:09 AM »
Hi, I would recommend that you update the firmware to the latest version before you do anything else.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: steps to upgrade T5 to Genos ? Help needed. thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:32:49 AM »
Don’t think it’s an oversimplification.  It’s pretty well what I did. I had my Genos up and running, playing all my Tyros songs, within 15 minutes.

I didn’t bother with formatting the USB stick. I found an old stick, deleted all its files, then copied the Tyros hard drive to it.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons