Author Topic: Genos playlist in Excel  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Rien5

Genos playlist in Excel
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:38:25 PM »
For those of you interested, I have attached the Genos playlist by category in an Excel file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: loendersloot, pchan, Dromeus

Offline zionip

Re: Genos playlist in Excel
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 04:09:59 PM »
Hi Rien5,

Thanks for spending your time preparing the Excel file.

It will be a lot more useful if you can add the specific styles and tempos corresponding to the songs mentioned in your spreadsheets.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 01:51:28 AM »
Hi Rien5,

Thanks for spending your time preparing the Excel file.

It will be a lot more useful if you can add the specific styles and tempos corresponding to the songs mentioned in your spreadsheets.

Thanks,
Paul

Nice job with the spreadsheet, it would be helpful with Paul’s suggestions above. Thanks for taking the time to compile the list.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Antonio

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
Very nice job that I personally really enjoyed.
Thanks

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
Thanks so much Rien5, for the list.

+1 for the additional style/tempo info. It's quite an effort... Maybe we could share this work?

I attached a spreadsheet based on the work of Rien5. I called it "GENOS Musice Finder" because it resembles what was built into the Tyros line. The entries in the file can easily be filtered or sorted. There is a column "Fav." where you could mark your personal favourites.

I already entered style/tempo info for the R&B category as well as some entries in the Ballroom category. Maybe a few people could volunteer to fill out the info for a certain category? That would be great. If you do so, let us know so we avoid duplicate work. Attach your work to this thread and I will merge it to the master listing.

I certainly will add the data of the Rock Category so don't bother about this one.

Thanks for listening and it would be great to have a complete list.

Cheers
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:05:40 AM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael

Offline quadraf

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 03:27:29 PM »
This is great Michael! 8). I hope other capable members fill the list.

Greetings Hans

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »
other capable members
Actually it's quite simple. All the information ist in the "Bonus Playlist for Genos". If you haven't got your copy yet you can download it here:

https://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

You just open the playlist for a certain style category, an dyou see all the song titles. then you load a song and press the Info button, then switch to the style section in this display. All the info is there... Anyone can do it  8).
Regards, Michael

Offline quadraf

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
Thank you again... 8). I indeed have to dive into the "Bonus Playlist for Genos" and push the info button...